On every Greek island and on beaches all around the coastline of the mainland, there are watersports options for beginners and experts alike.
Windsurfing in Greece
You can go windsurfing on most beaches and, if you’re a beginner, many have schools and instructors on hand so you can take lessons as well as rent equipment. Vassiliki and Agios Ioannis on Lefkas provide special accommodation options where both you and your equipment are welcome.
The best wind- and kite-surfing spots in Greece:
- Vouliagmeni and Vari
- Anavyssos and Lavrion (Athens Riveria)
- Horefto in Pelion
- Halkidiki: Sarti, Sani Beach
- Peloponnese: Kalo Nero, Voidokilia, Elafonissos
- Crete: Kouremenos, Falassarna, Elafonissi, Paleohora
- Lefkas: Myloi Agios Ioannis, Vassiliki
- Corfu: Halikounas, Acharavi
- Lesvos: Sigri
- Limnos: Keros, Gomati
- Mykonos: Kalafatis, Korfos
- Paros: Pounda
- Naxos: Mikri Vigla
- Tinos: Kolymbithra
- Rhodes: Prasonissi, Faliraki, Lardos
- Karpathos: Chicken Bay
On most beaches you can go windsurfing, and if you’re a beginner many beaches have schools and instructors on hand so you can take lessons as well as rent equipment. Vassiliki and Agios Ioannis on Lefkas provide special accommodation options where both you and your equipment are welcome.
Waterskiing in Greece
If you’re into waterskiing, you’ll find a plethora of options in Greece. You can waterski at many of the organised beaches of the islands, in Halkidiki, the Peloponnese, the Athens Riviera and on some lakes, such as Ioannina and Kaiafas. There are many clubs, among them the Waterski Federation, which organises annual competitions.
Wakeboarding in Greece
Although a relatively new sport, wakeboarding also has a fanatical following in Greece.
The most popular wakeboarding locations in Greece are:
- Athens and Attica: Anavyssos, Lavrion, Varkiza, Galazia Akti
- Paros: Chryssi Akti, Nea Chryssi Akti, Pounta, Agios Ioannis (which organises the Panhellenic Wakeboard Championships)
- Naxos: Agios Georgios, Mikri Vigla
- Mykonos: Ftelia, Kalafatis
- Rhodes: Trianta, Fanes, Prasonissi, Theologos
- Lefkas: Vassiliki
- Ios: Mylopotas