Golf in Greece isn’t just about the sport or the high standard facilities at numerous courses around the country. The landscape is part of the experience. On Corfu, the fairways are surrounded by a unique natural habitat for birds like herons and kingfishers as well as animals such as otters in the waters of the Nausica River. In Costa Navarino, in the Peloponnese, two awarded courses have spectacular sea views. And in Glyfada, in the southern suburbs of Athens, pine, cypress, olive and fig trees flank the fairways.
Golf has flourished in Greece in recent years with the addition of award-winning, signature courses as well as the renovation of classic golfing haunts.
Add to all this, the wonderful climate, with mild winters and sunshine throughout the year, and luxury hotels and Greek cuisine, and you have the complete golfing experience.
At the moment, there are seven 18-hole golf courses and one 9-hole course in Greece.
- In Athens: An 18-hole world-class competition golf course in upmarket Glyfada, easily accessible from the city centre.
- On Rhodes: An 18-hole golf course in Afandou, designed by the famous golf course architect Donald Harradine.
- On Corfu: A renovated 18-hole golf course in the gorgeous Ropa Valley.
- On Crete: A 9-hole golf course in Elounda, ideal for you to hone your technique while on holiday. Also, an 18-hole course in Hersonisos has been renovated according to the highest standards in Europe, capable of hosting international tournaments.
- In Halkidiki: A world-class 18-hole golf course within the Porto Carras Grand Resort, which already hosts major international championships.
- In the Peloponnese: Four signature 18-hole golf courses at Costa Navarino, within a maximum distance of 13km, in the Messinia region, offering a world-class golf experience.
Discover Greece Your Way
Discover authentic local experiences and secure your bookings for activities and tours with our official online rates.