- Authentic Greek cooking class in an olive grove.
- Learn from a Greek mum's age-old recipes.
- Bread making in a traditional wood-fired oven.
- Cook various Greek dishes, including vegetarian and vegan options.
- Hear stories about traditional Greek pasta-making.
- Enjoy a full traditional lunch with Greek wine.
Indulge yourselves with a one of kind Greek cooking class and an olive grove as your backdrop!
Attend an authentic cooking class in an olive grove and combine it with a unique bread making experience. Find out all the culinary secrets from a Greek mum who will share with you age-old recipes!
You will visit an olive grove located in a small village 50km (31 mi) from Kalamata in Messinia region, Peloponnese, towards Pylos coastal town, just 10' away from Costa Navarino resort.
April - October, Monday to Sunday, excluding Greek official holidays.
The Culinary Experience
Join us for 3 hour cooking class experience and feast on a mouthwatering full traditional lunch among olive trees!
Part 1: Arrival at the grove - Warm welcome
Visit a beautiful family olive grove of a small village, located in the west of Messinia, just 10 minutes away from Costa Navarino Bay and Nestor’s Palace. It is the ideal backdrop to unravel the history, tradition and ancient myths of this historical place.
The owners will welcome you with homemade local delicacies while they will narrate you the whole story behind their efforts.
Part 2: Bread making in a Wood-Fired Oven
Make your own bread from scratch along with a Greek mum and bake it in a traditional wooden fired oven. Smell the unbeatable aroma of the freshly baked bread and enjoy it with your lunch! There is also the possibility, instead of bread to make another Greek pastry delicacy like a Greek seasonal pita (pie)!
Part 3: Cooking class
During a fantastic cooking class, a traditional Greek mum will show you how to make Greek appetizers and food like gemista (stuffed tomatoes and peppers with rice and fresh herbs), tyropita (cheese pie), lamb or pork cooked in the stone fired oven, Greek salad or other seasonal recipes using the freshest of ingredients.
Of course as you may already know, there are plenty food choices also for vegetarians and vegans in the Mediterranean and Greek cuisine so not to worry about; just let us know!
The mum will tell you stories about how, in the olden days, they used to make the hilopites (Greek egg pasta) and trachana (Greek fermented milk pasta) only during summer, to last them all through the winter months.
Part 4: Full traditional lunch
Food is finally ready! Enjoy a full, delicious lunch with everything you made during the Cooking class and feel proud for yourself and your efforts accompanied with a lots of Greek wine!
- Cooking class and full local lunch
- Greek local delicacies, wine and drinks
- Local hosts / local chef throughout the experience
- All taxes
- The Extra experiences may be provided upon request, depending on availability and at an extra charge
- Transfer services may be provided upon request and at an extra charge
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
- The culinary experience is provided upon request and depending on availability. In case there is no availability for the day you are interested, the experience can be conducted the next available date or choose another similar available experience after coordination.
- Transfer is needed to visit the olive grove which is located 1 hour away from Kalamata and 20' away from Pylos. Please inform us if you have your own vehicle. In other case, we can arrange it with our partners at an extra cost.
- Availability: April - October, from Monday to Sunday, excluding Greek official holidays.
- A guided tour in the archaeological site of Nestor’s Palace can be arranged, upon request and at an extra charge depending on availability.
- Meeting point and time: In front of the Port Authority Offices in Kalamata at 09:30 a.m.
- Languages: English, German & Greek. Other languages can be provided at an extra charge.
- Family friendly.
- Wheelchair accessible 80%.
Payment & booking
- Bookings: In order to organize your experience in the best way, the booking and the full payment must be made the latest 2 days before.
- For bookings less than 2 days or last minute requests, please contact us via email to check availability.
- When the booking and the transaction are completed, the experience is officially confirmed by Mama's flavours through email.
- All payments can be made through our booking engine, bank transfer (you can contact us via email for this option) or Paypal.
- Cash is not accepted.
Book with confidenceWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.