Join our full day rail tour from Athens and visit the breathtaking Meteora Monasteries. Countless panoramic images will remain etched in your memory with the opportunity for video and photos along the way.
At a Glance
Catch the train of 7:20 a.m. to Kalambaka from the Athens Railway Station and enjoy a unique trip. Countless panoramic images of the beautiful countryside will remain etched in your memory. Arrive around 11:30 a.m. in Kalambaka, a small town built at the foot of the majestic grey rocks, and crowded by the Meteora Monasteries.
When you arrive at the rail station in Kalambaka, our expert English speaking escort will be waiting for you holding a signboard with your name on it and will transfer you to the Meteora Monasteries. For about four hours you will have the time to explore three Monasteries as well as the hermit caves of Badovas. Meteora is included in the UNESCO world heritage monument list.
At the end of the day, you’ll be transferred back to Kalambaka, where you will have the time to stroll around or have a light lunch (not included in the price). At 17:15 p.m. the train departs from Kalambaka, and arrives at 21:25 back to Athens.
- Discover the astonishing UNESCO-listed Meteora in one day
- Countless impressive views of the countryside during the train ride
- Visit three different monasteries & enjoy the view of the majestic grey rocks
- Small group tour of maximum 12 people
- Free time to explore the town of Kalabaka
- Excellent value for money
- Roundtrip rail tickets based on your choice
- Round-trip shared transfer in Kalambaka
- Transport by luxury A/C vehicle with WiFi
- Expert English speaking escort
- Free Map and bottle of water
- Local taxes
Entrance to the monasteries: Appropriate clothing is required. Ladies should not wear short skirts and must have long sleeves. Men are not allowed to wear shorts.
Departure: The train for Kalambaka departs from the Athens rail station. You need to go at the rail station on your own at 07:00 having your printed train tickets with you.
Train Tickets: Few days before the activity, you will receive an e-mail with the e-tickets.