- Visit Kalamata, a beautiful coastal city in the Peloponnese's Messinia region.
- Take a 30-minute relaxing stroll through a picturesque olive grove and learn about the history of olive trees and olive oil.
- Visit an olive oil mill (depending on season & availability) and discover the extraction process.
- Engage in an olive oil tasting experience with a professional and certified olive oil expert, learning about different Greek olive oil varieties.
- Acquire knowledge on pairing olive oil varieties with your favorite food
An experience designed for olive oil and nature lovers who have a passion for olive oil, nature, tradition and traditional Greek gastronomy!
You will visit one of the most beautiful coastal cities of the Peloponnese: Kalamata, in Messinia region.
Olive oil tasting Kalamata in Kalamata Olive oil tasting Kalamata in Kalamataa
The olive oil tour and tasting experience is available Monday to Sunday all year round either in the mornings or in the afternoons. Greek official holidays are excluded.
The Olive oil Experience
If you want to get to know all about the unique features of olive oil or simply wonder what an olive-oil tasting seminar involves, this activity is right up your alley!
Part 1: Olive grove & Visit at an Olive oil Mill
Olive grove (available all year round)
You’ll walk through the perennial olive trees and experience a 30' relaxing stroll through an olive grove located just 10' away from Kalamata.
During your walk, you’ll get acquainted with different varieties of olive trees in all shapes and of all ages and learn the history of the olive tree and the olive oil from the Neolithic era until today!
Olive oil mill (depending on season & availability - From March to October)
You will learn all about the extraction process, from the olive grove to bottling and if it is the olive harvesting season, you’ll get to taste fresh and warm extra virgin olive oil, during our olive oil tasting!
Part 2: Olive Oil tasting experience
Along with our professional and certified olive oil expert, you’ll learn about the queen of Greek olive-oil varieties, Koroneiki, as well as other just as superb Greek olive oils.
You’ll discover their key aromas, flavours and tastes, and will learn which olive-oil variety to pair with your favourite food.
Olive oil tasting Kalamata in Kalamata Olive oil tasting Kalamata in Kalamata
Part 3: Light or Full lunch (optional & upon request)
If you wish to conclude your olive oil tasting experience with a delicious light or full lunch, full of Messinian flavours, in one of the most welcoming Coffee Shop-Cum-Ouzo Taverns in the heart of Kalamata’s historic centre, just let us know and we can arrange it for you!
- Olive oil tasting with 3-4 Greek olive oil varieties by a certified olive oil taster
- Greek local delicacies / bottle of water
- Local host throughout the experience
- All taxes
- Light or full lunch (upon request and at an extra charge)
- Personal purchases from local shops (optional)
- Tips & gratuities (optional)
- Transfer services may be provided upon request and at an extra charge
- Transfer is needed to visit the olive grove and the olive oil mill which is located 10' away from Kalamata city centre and from the meeting point. Please inform us if you have your own vehicle. In other case, we can arrange it with our partners at an extra cost.
- Availability of the Olive oil tasting experience: October – March: Monday - Saturday in the mornings. Afternoons after coordination.
- April – September: Monday-Sunday: In the mornings. For afternoons after coordination.
- Availability & visit at the Olive oil mill: March to October only from Monday to Friday. Not operating on Saturdays, Sundays & Greek official holidays.
- Availability of the Olive grove tour: All year round.
- Greek official holidays are excluded.
- Meeting point & time: In front of the Port Authority Offices in Kalamata at 09:30 a.m.
- Languages: English & Greek. Other languages can be provided at an extra charge.
- Family friendly.
- Wheelchair accessible 80%.
Payment and booking
- Bookings: In order to organize the Olive oil tasting experience in the best way, the booking and the full payment must be made the latest 2 days before.
- For less than 2 days or last minute requests, please contact us via email to check availability.
- When the booking and the transaction are completed the experience is officially confirmed by Mama's flavours through email.
- All payments can be made through our booking engine, bank transfer (you can contact us via email for this option) or Paypal.
- Cash is not accepted.
Book with confidenceWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.