Kardamyli and Stoupa are two villages in Mani nestled between the blue waters of the Messinian Gulf and Mount Taygetos creating one of the prettiest settings in the Peloponnese. Sea kayaking here is indeed one of our most popular tours offering an inch-by-inch exploration of the rich in images and diverse environment. The lacy coastline of the Mani. We paddle in warm crystal-clear waters, exploring hidden coves and impressive rock formations. We visit sea caves and discover idyllic beaches sprouted along the shoreline.
Our trip starts from Kardamyli’s old harbor. Before departure, your guide will brief you on trip details, kayak paddling techniques, and safety measures. Soon we will be exploring the coast at a relaxed paddling pace and your guides will reveal to you some of the secrets of the area. Each little cove hides a special surprise such as hidden sea caves, rock gardens, cliffs with spectacular formations, hidden sandy, and pebble beaches. The perspective of the sea bed from your kayak is unique. You can see through the crystal-clear water the sea life and if you are lucky a sea turtle swimming under your kayak. One of the top attractions of this trip is a visit to the Blue Cave. A spectacular natural phenomenon where sunlight passing through a crack in the cave reflects on the seafloor an aquamarine color. A swim in the cave is a must-do and a lifetime experience. On the way, we shall visit rock pyramids emerging from the sea with an option for those daring to try cliff diving. Halfway we shall make a relaxing stop for swimming, snorkeling and to taste a homemade picnic of fresh local delicacies. After lunch, we shall paddle back to the starting point to end a remarkable day at the coastline of Mani.
- Super stable and easy to paddle single or tandem Kayaks with rudder
- Full Sea Kayak equipment: paddle, life jacket, spray-deck, waterproof jacket, waterproof bags
- Snorkeling equipment (goggles & snorkels)
- Land and water-based Sea Kayaking paddling instructions
- British Canoeing (BC) Sea Kayak leaders also hold first aid certificate.
- Eco-friendly cultural and educational guiding
- Picnic with freshly baked bread, fruits and vegetables, homemade olive oil, and cheese
- Liability insurance
- All taxes
- Water (please bring your own full bottle of water) - Transfer to meeting point
- Tip or gratuity
What to bring with you:
- Bottle of water (1,5 litre per person)
- Any specific medication you are on
- Hat or cap
- Short or long sleeve t-shirt (quick dry if available)
- Swimwear or shorts
- Change of dry clothes
- Sea shoes or flip flops or sandals (Avoid bulky shoes, trainers and socks
Meeting time: 9:30 a.m.
Meeting point: The old customs in St. John's harbor
Duration: 4 hours including breaks
Suitability: Family friendly, Group friendly, Couples, Seniors, Youth, Kids over 5 years old
Private trips available.
Discounts available for families and kids.
Hotel pick up / drop off upon request.
*There is a minimum of 2 participants for the implementation of this outdoor activity.
*We reserve the right to modify or cancel any outdoor activity due to bad weather or any other reason beyond our control.
About the provider
Book with confidenceWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.