- Paros is renowned for its superb sandy beaches, great beach bars, and the lovely town of Naousa.
- Naxos, the biggest and most fertile of the Cycladic islands, has some amazing inland villages and important cultural sites like the impressive Portara and the kouros statues which we will see while hiking.
- Last but not least, Santorini, the princess of the Greek islands, is where we choose hiking and paddling to experience the authentic and less touristy side of this truly unique landscape!
- Day 1: Arrival in Paros Island
- Day 2: Paros Byzantine Trail Hike
- Day 3: Paros Day Cruise on a traditional fishing boat
- Day 4: Paros to Naxos
- Day 5: Naxos hiking & cultural tour (2 1/2 hours trekking, 4 hours duration with stops for rest and lunch)
- Day 6: Naxos Biking Duration: 4-5 hours (altitude upwards 600 meters)
- Day 7: Naxos to Santorini - Santorini Hiking Fira - Oia (Estimated walking time: 4 hours with stops, approx. 11 km)
- Day 8: Sea Kayaking in Santorini
- Day 9: End of Tour
Cyclades Islands Hopping is an unforgettable active exploration of the famous Greek islands.
The iconicCycladic Islandsare what Greece is all about. Traditional fishing villages, whitewashed flat-roofed houses and narrow streets, hundreds of beautiful little chapels, rugged, sun-drenched landscapes contrasting with the deep blue sea, and spectacular bays with powdery white sand beaches.
Travel to where few visitors ever do by boat, bike, on foot, or sea kayak.
Discover Cycladic’s island’s best spots, tradition, culture, and take a peek at the everyday life of its people. 9 days full of adventure in one of the most stunning areas of this country.
Our trip starts in Paros.
You can arrive in Paros either by plane or by ferry. Depending on the season, there are different boat itineraries from Athens available: the boat ride lasts from 3 hours – 5 hours. Short transfer to your hotel in the picturesque and typical sea side town of Naousa.
Overnight in Paros.Day 2: Paros Byzantine Trail Hike
Our day starts with a stroll in the traditional village of Lefkes from where we will start our hike in the byzantine trail, enjoying the scents and aromas of herbs and plants and enjoying the views of olive trees and vineyards. The hike is easy going and ends in a beautiful beach where we can enjoy a swim.
Overnight in ParosDay 3: Paros Day Cruise on a traditional fishing boat
A great day full of fun and swimming on a traditional boat waits for us. Our captain will welcome us on his boat and depending on the weather we will either sail to the tiny islet of Antiparos or in the south coast of Paros. Our day will be full of swimming, cliff jumping, visiting caves and remote beaches accompanied by freshly made Greek food and cold drinks. A day to be remembered!
Overnight in ParosDay 4: Paros to Naxos
After breakfast, short transfer from the hotel to Paroikia and embark the ferry from to Naxos. Arrival in Naxos, the biggest and most fertile of the cycladic islands. Transfer and settle to your hotel. Overnight in NaxosDay 5: Naxos hiking & cultural tour (2 1/2 hours trekking, 4 hours duration with stops for rest and lunch)
Today’s hike starts from Kouros statues.
These larger-than-life statues of young men, predestined to hold on to a temple roof, were abandoned incomplete by the ancient sculptors, when they discovered faults in the marble.
Then we follow the path to Ano Potamia picturesque village.
After a short refreshing stop at the village’s spring, we hike to Apano Kastro (Upper Castle), to enjoy the spectacular panoramic view of Naxos town, port and the surrounding villages.
We continue onwards via Tsikalario little village to Halki, where we visit Valindras small distillery that produces Kitron (the local alcohol drink of Naxos). Overnight in NaxosDay 6: Naxos Biking Duration: 4-5 hours (altitude upwards 600 meters)
We cycle on streets and paths without traffic through typical Naxian villages, while experiencing the rich vegetation this Cycladic Island has to offer.
Small tracks lead us through farmland, to enjoy beautiful views over mountains and some of the best coastline in the Cyclades.
Through little stony roads, we reach the beautiful beach of Mikri Vigla, with its stretch of finest white sand and blue sea. There we stop to swim or enjoy a small food bite or drink. We return along stretches of sandy beach to our base. Overnight in NaxosDay 7: Naxos to Santorini - Santorini Hiking Fira - Oia (Estimated walking time: 4 hours with stops, approx. 11 km)
After breakfast, we relax and enjoy swimming or strolling in the picturesque port of Naxos. Around mid-day we take the boat to the fairest island of the Cyclades, Santorini. The breathtaking view, upon arrival with the boat, will give us an idea of this volcanic island’s spectacular beauty. We arrive in port and transfer to the hotel. After we settle down, we depart for a walk that takes us from the town of Fira to Oia. Overnight in SantoriniDay 8: Sea Kayaking in Santorini
After breakfast, transfer to the starting point of today’s activity. We enjoy a morning of sea-kayaking, exploring the South coast of the island. We enjoy views of the spectacular rock formations, crystal waters, and the beautiful beaches in the south part of the island. En route, we stop for snorkelling.
After lunch, we return to our hotel and have a free afternoon to visit the archaeological museum and shop. Overnight in Santorini.Day 9: End of Tour
Transfer to airport
- Accommodation sharing double rooms with breakfast
- All ferry tickets (air seats) as per program starting in Paros and ending in Santorini, ie : Paros to Naxos & Naxos to Santorini
- Hike on the byzantine trail in Paros
- Day cruise to Antiparos with lunch & drinks
- Hike the Kouros Statues in Naxos
- Bike ride in Naxos
- Hike the Caldera Trail in Santorini
- Sea Kayaking in Santorini with lunch
- All necessary transfers for the operation of the itinerary, ie: Transfers from ports to hotels and hotels to all meeting points for the activities
- English Speaking Guide throughout the trip
- Meals full board starting with dinner on day 1 to dinner on day 8
- Hotel stay over tax
Please try to travel as light as possible. Although you do not need to carry your entire luggage while walking, you will still need to carry it over short distances. Also, remember you unpack and repack on most nights. You can leave the luggage that you don’t need on the trek, at the hotel in Athens or in our offices.
- Large rucksack or holdall to contain all your luggage; waterproof liner recommended
- Good waterproof top (Gore-Tex recommended or similar) with hood.
- Thick socks for walking
- Spare shoes for the evenings (optional
- Daypack (small rucksack, 20-40 liters) to carry picnic lunch, water bottle, cold/wet weather gear, camera, etc; straps should be strong, not too narrow and preferably padded. In wet weather, belongings should be packed in waterproof plastic bags inside the pack
- Warm clothes for the evening including spare trousers and top (fleece jackets/pullovers are warm yet light); plus optionally thermal underwear, for April and October
- Sweatshirts or T-shirts for walking, at least one with collar and long sleeves (against sunburn)
- Your own personal water bottle(at least 1 liter). As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
About the provider
Book with confidenceWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.