- Small group tour of maximum 26 people
- Visit the temple of Poseidon and see graffiti left by English poet Lord Byron
- Sunset guided tour to the majestic Cape Sounion
- Enjoy stunning views of the Aegean sea & its islands along the way
- Pass by some of the most expensive and highly rated areas of Athens
- Watch the breathtaking sunset with a glass of wine in hand
Our guided tour begins with a wonderful drive along the Athens Riviera. Enjoy splendid views of the Saronic Gulf while passing through some of Athens’ most beautiful suburbs, including Hellinikon Olympic complex, Glyfada, Vouliagmeni, and Varkiza.
Arriving at the Cape Sounion, you will visit the 5th century B.C. Temple of Poseidon with its magnificent panoramic view of the Aegean Sea (on a clear day you can see at least seven islands). One of its columns has a graffiti left by none other than lord Byron in the early 1800s. Cape Sounion has long played an important part in Greek mythology and history, and the first recorded mention of it occurs in the Odyssey, as the last safe landing before Poseidon scattered the returning Greek navy. As god of the sea, Poseidon was very important for ancient Greeks, and the scale of the Temple at Cape Sounion reflects that.
After visiting the Temple, filled from the beauty, the history and the culture of this impressive archaeological site we will wait to admire one of the most amazing sunsets you could ever imagine. And when the sun begins to slowly touch the sea it is the perfect moment for a glass of wine, before returning back to your hotel.
- Entrance fees of the Temple of Poseidon
- Professional and licenced guide
- Transport by luxury air conditioned bus
- Hotel pick up / drop off service
- One glass of wine per adult
- All taxes
The departure time for this tour depends from the sunset time during the summer season: 1-8 Jun at 18:00, 9 Jun-21 Jul at 18:15, 22 Jul-17 Aug at 17:45, 18 Aug-7 Sep at 17:15, 8 Sep-21 Sep at 17:00, 22 Sep-30 Sep at 16.45
About the provider
Explore more things to do
Book with confidenceWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.