Our hiking in the white mountains of Crete trip starts in Chania, probably the most charming Cretan city. From there we will head towards White Mountains (Lefka Ori). They take their name after the shining bleached limestone cliffs and the rich snow cover during the winter. For a whole week we will hike on a network of ancient paths and shepherd trails. We will follow the stunning southern coastline, climb to imposing summits, enter into the depths of some of the most beautiful gorges of the island, including the most famous of all – the legendary Gorge of Samaria. On a hot summer day, heading downhill towards the entrance of a Cretan gorge is an ideal hike. We will hike under shade, protected from the summer sun, looking forward to a refreshing swim at the end as a reward.
- All accommodations as listed (or similar) based on double occupancy
- All transportation during the trip
- Entrance fees at the Gorges of Agia Irini and Samaria
- Services of a leader/guide throughout the tour
- A bottle of water per day
- Hotel taxes and service charges
- Transport and handling of one reasonably sized suitcase and one carry-on per person
- Included meals: Day 1: Dinner / Day 2-7: Breakfast /Lunch / Dinner / Day 8: Breakfast
About the provider
Book with confidenceWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.