- Drive through spectacular gorges towards the southwest side of the island
- Visit Elafonisi, one of Europe's best beaches
- Enjoy swimming, idyllic pink sand, and transparent waters
- Explore the 'Island of Deer' by swimming or walking across
- Visit the convent of Chrisoskalitissa on top of a rock
- Learn about the monastery's cultural and historic significance
- Enjoy breathtaking sea views from the monastery
- Gain a better understanding of Cretan culture and nature
- Leave with enjoyable memories of the tour
Your local guide will meet you at your preferred location within the Chania town region. Your private daytrip will start by heading towards the southwest side of the island.
Driving through spectacular gorges we will arrive in one of Europe's best beaches, the unique Elafonisi. While on the beach you will have plenty of time to swim, enjoy the idyllic pink sand and transparent waters from your pre-reserved sunbeds and umbrellas.
In front of the beach there is a little island that is called the 'Island of Deer' which you can swim or walk across to, since the water is very shallow. This tour would not be complete without a delicious lunch in a family run taverna with panoramic views ,tasting a variety of Cretan specialties.
On our way back we shall visit the convent of Chrisoskalitissa found on top of a rock. It is a monastery with a great cultural and historic past and the sea views from above are definitely worth enjoying. At the end of your tour, our mission will be accomplished – you will leave with enjoyable memories and a much better understanding of Cretan culture and nature.
- Private sightseeing tour with a local insider guide
- Transfers in a fully airconditioned car/van
- Umbrella and sunbed service at Elafonisi beach
- Entrance ticket to Chrisoskalitissa Monastery.
- Traditional Cretan lunch (including drinks)
- All taxes
- Personal expenses
PLEASE NOTE: As this is a 100% beach tour please do not forget your towel, swimming suit, sunglasses and sun hat.
About the provider
ALMA DE CRETA OE
Book with confidenceWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.