- Visit inside one active monastery
- Visit the Byzantine church of Virgin Mary
- Visit the renovated Hermitages of Badova
- See all six monasteries
- Combines a bus tour with short walks
- Stop in spots with panoramic view for photo shooting
- Learn about the local traditions, myths, and history
Meteora Sunset tour begins with a visit to a monastery of Meteora, Agios Stefanos, or Holy Trinity. Then it takes you to the Byzantine church of the Virgin Mary located in the old town of Kalabaka telling the town’s long history of 27 centuries. Visit the thousand years old hermitages of Bandovas, learn the stories and the legends and enjoy great views from the most panoramic spots of Meteora.
And as the sun begins to descent, getting ready to touch the mountain ridges we’ll bring you on a magical spot to enjoy the most captivating sunset views. Sitting on the edges of cliffs you will feel the evening cool breeze blowing through giant cliffs rising above the valley. Allow your senses to explore moment by moment the dimming of the light as the sun sinks behind the mountains. It will be a perfect way to end a beautiful day at the UNESCO World Heritage site of Meteora with an awe-inspiring tour to be remembered forever!
- English-speaking local tour leader
- Hotel pick up from Kalampaka or Kastraki
- Free Map and Bottle of water
- Free wifi on board
- Taxes and service fee
- Duration: 4 hours
- Max People: 12
- Availability: Daily Departures
- Starting Time: Varies, check the FAQ
- Dresscode: Sleeveless clothing and shorts over the knee for men are prohibited. For women, skirts below the knee are required in order to enter the monasteries.
- Transportation by VIP Mercedes minibus
About the provider
Book with confidenceWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.