- Start from the picturesque Elounda Harbor.
- Swim in the crystal clear waters of Kolokitha Bay & Beach.
- Enjoy an onboard BBQ featuring pork* chops, Greek salad, and more.
- Visit the historic Island of Spinalonga.
- Discover stories spanning from Ancient Greece to the Turks.
- Engage in a guided tour of the island.
- Experience an authentic olive oil tasting.
- Relax by the bottomless Lake of Voulismeni in Agios Nikolaos.
- Explore and shop at local stores in Agios Nikolaos.
This excursion is a trip back in time since it carries the sensation and the feel of another era…
Our excursion starts from the beautiful harbor of Elounda where we will get on board to visit the bay of and the beach of Kolokitha. Here you have plenty of time for swimming at the crystal clear waters, tasting the BBQ served on board. The menu includes pork* chop BBQ, Greek salad, feta cheese, bread, wine or Fanta and seasonal fruit.
After our visit at the bay of Kolokitha (app. 1 ½ hours) we depart for the island of Spinalonga.The history and the culture of the island of Spinalonga became one with human tragedy in the course of time. This small isle carries within the history of Ancient Greece, as it served as a natural guard for the ancient city of Olous ; the history of Saracens as a hide-out for their pirates; the history of Venetians as their fortress; the history of Turks as their settlement (guided tour on the island).
As we head towards our last destination from Elounda by bus, we will have the opportunity for a quick olive oil tasting, before arriving the capital town of Lasithi, Agios Nikolaos. There, you can relax in a café next to the bottomless Lake of Voulismeni and enjoy your walk to the local shops.
- Bus tickets
- Boat ticket and BBQ: 2.00€ (ad) , 6.00€ for children (aged 5-11 years). Every Sunday 7.00€ for adults, 3,50€ for children (aged 5-11 years)
Spinalonga entry fees: 8.00€
10:30 Departure from Elounda with the boat
11:10 Arrival Kolokytha
12:45 Departure from Kolokytha
13:10 Arrival Spinalonga
14:45 Departure from Spinalonga to Elounda
15:00 Arrival Elounda
15:45 Olive oil tasting - Arrival Agios Nikolaos
16:45 Departure Agios Nikolaos – back to the hotels
18:30 Arrival Heraklion.
ROUTE: 128 km
DURATION: app. 11 hours
STAY IN SPINALONGA: 1 ½ hours
STAY IN KOLOKYTHA BAY-BEACH: 1 ½ hours
STAY IN AGIOS NIKOLAOS: app.1 hour
shoes for the sea
* REMARKS: Please notify us in advance, if you are vegetarian or if you do not eat pork at all, as we have to preorder another lunch for you.
Book with confidenceWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.