- We will visit one of Greece's most important, protected, and untouched forests
- Valia Calda is also called "bear park" as it is one of three areas in Greece hosts a population of Eurasian brown bears
- Valia Calda belongs to Nothern Pindus National Park and also is part of the Natura 2000
- We will visit Vovousa village, where we can rest and swim in the Aoos river
- We will visit Aoos Spring lake, a beautiful environment of 1300 m. altitude
An off-road excursion in Pindus National Park (Valia Calda) combines the fantastic natural landscape with a short hike (40 min.) and swimming in the natural pools of Arkoudorema stream.
Where Valia Calda begins, we meet beautiful landscapes, such as Vovousa with the Aoos river that passes through the village, high peaks, steep slopes, stunning colors, spectacular trees, and a strong taste of the wild beauty of the Pindos National Park, combined all together in a magical mountain landscape that nature has given us. An ideal excursion for nature lovers and people who love swimming in rivers.
Our excursion starts with Valia Calda as our first destination, and we will head to the core.
From the heart of the National Park, we will start our hike to the natural pools of the Arkoudorema stream.
Once we reach the natural pools, we will enjoy swimming and return to the vehicle to cook our traditional meal.
Then we will head to Vovousa. Our route there gives us an incredible landscape with
tall black pines, streams, and high peaks.
In Vovousa, we will take a break, and whoever wishes can swim in the clear waters of the Aoos river, under the bridge of Vovousa.
Finally, we will visit the source lake Aoos and the incredible mountain landscapes around the lake on our return.
- English speaking guide/driver
- Hiking poles
- Hotel pick-up & drop-off
- Picnic (seasonal fruits, energy bars)
- Cooking (Traditional trachanas, season salad)
- Liability insurance
- Meal at restaurant
- Personal accident insurance
- Tips and gratuities
- Anything not mentioned above
Light clothes for hiking
Towels and swimsuit for the summer months
Light hiking shoes or hiking boots
Hat or beanie
Period of operation: April to November
Level of difficulty: Easy
Good physical condition
Age from 6 years and above
This excursion can start from Metsovo, Zagori, Ioannina, and Tzoumerka.
In case you wish to start the excursion from the coastline of Epirus (Preveza, Parga, Sivota, Igoumenitsa), please contact us.
Pick-up and drop-off are available from the hotel where you are staying.
At least two adults should accompany the children.
About the provider
Explore more things to do
Prenota con fiduciaWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.