Kalamata, home of the famous black olives and the southernmost city in Greece combines a unique coastline along with the imposing views of mount Taygetos. The city offers a diverse coastline with calm weather conditions, an ideal environment for Stand Up Padleboarding. Our SUP & Snorkeling trip here is a super fun experience suitable for everybody along the tranquil coast of Kalamata.
We meet at Archontiko beach, a few kilometers south of Kalamata. After a short introduction to Stand Up Paddleboarding where you will learn the basic paddling techniques such as how to turn, how to stop, and stand up until you become confident on your board, we are ready to go. Starting at a slow pace, we shall practice our skills, stop occasionally to enjoy the beautiful landscape, and take pictures. The view from a Paddleboard is unique, giving the paddler a different perception of the water. It is very often happening to see fish and sea turtles swimming below the surface. In addition, the view from on top of the water is equally impressive. The beauty of the diverse coastline is stunning offering endless spots in hidden coves to swim and play around. We take a break at the beach we like for relaxing, swimming and snorkeling. The warm sea and the crystal clear waters are making snorkeling here a must-do and enjoyable activity. A delicious picnic is also scheduled during our relaxing time, sourced from farm-fresh, local producers carefully prepared by your guide.
- Super stable and easy to paddle Paddleboards
- Full SUP equipment: paddle, life jacket, leash, dry bags
- Snorkeling equipment: goggles & snorkels
- Land and water-based Paddleboarding instructions
- British Canoeing (BC) trip leaders also holding first aid certificate.
- Eco friendly cultural and educational guiding
- Picnic with freshly baked bread fruits and vegetables, homemade olive oil, and cheese
- Waterproof camera and photographs from the trip
- Liability insurance
- All taxes
- Water (please bring your own full bottle of water)
- Transfer to meeting point
- Tip or gratuity
What to bring with you:
- Bottle of water (1,5 litre per person)
- Any specific medication you are on
- Hat or cap
- Short or long sleeve t-shirt (quick dry if available)
- Swimwear or shorts
- Change of dry clothes
- Sea shoes or flip flops or sandals (Avoid bulky shoes, trainers and socks)
- There is a minimum of 2 participants for the implementation of this outdoor activity.
- We reserve the right to modify or cancel any outdoor activity due to bad weather or any other reason beyond our control.
- Private trips available.
- Discounts available for families and kids.
- Hotel pick up / drop off upon request.
About the provider
Unbesorgt buchenWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.