- Experience Meteora independently
- Enjoy a value for money tour
- Explore one of the world’s most popular UNESCO sites
- Visit all six monasteries
- Learn all about Meteora’s history directly from the locals
Redeem your e-ticket for the 07:20 departure from Athens railway station to Kalampaka and travel on your own. Embark on a scenic train ride through the Greek countryside and admire the beautiful landscapes. At 11:30 you will arrive at Kalampaka’s train station, where our tour guide will be waiting for you holding a signboard with your name. You will board in a comfortable Limo VIP minibus in order to begin an unforgettable tour in Meteora.
This tour will give you the opportunity to see all six monasteries (enter three of them) and learn all about the history and myths of Meteora directly from a local. At 16:00 the minibus will transfer you back to Kalampaka’s train station in order for you to travel back to your base. The train departs at 17:15, so you will have about an hour free time to explore the center of Kalampaka on foot, visit one of the many cafes or restaurants and relax by observing and taking photos of Meteora. You will arrive in Athens at around 21:25.
- Roundtrip train tickets from Athens to Meteora
- Pick up/Drop off from Kalampaka’s train station
- English speaking local tour guide
- See all six monasteries and enter three of them
- Free Wi-Fi in the bus
- All taxes included
- We suggest that you bring with you appropriate clothing/footwear, your camera or smartphone and money for the monasteries entrance fees.
- The monasteries of Meteora impose a strict dress code. Men must wear long trousers. Women must wear long skirts and cover their shoulders. *Skirts are also provided at the entrance of each monastery.
- Important Notice: After the booking’s confirmation you will receive the train's roundtrip (Athens to Meteora) e-tickets to your email. Please don't forget that you should get to the Central Railway Station of Athens (Stathmos Larissis) and travel to Kalampaka with the 07:20 train on your own. Our tour leader will be waiting for you at Kalampaka's train station holding a signboard with your name.
About the provider
Book with confidenceWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.