- Discover the local open markets and their offerings
- Gain insights into the local crafts and artisanal traditions
- Stroll through the vibrant and lively areas of the city
Join us on a private tour that celebrates the artisans and crafts of Greece. From Monastiraki Square, the heart of the city's lively flea market, to the vibrant streets of Psirri, formerly the central craft district, this walk will give you a taste of the local craftsmanship that defines Athens, while we indulge in its open markets.
As we stroll through the city, you'll have the opportunity to meet and admire the works of local artists and artisans, each one showcasing their unique talents and traditions. Discover hidden gems in antique shops and family-owned businesses, and enjoy a break to sample the delicious street food that Athens is famous for.
You'll have the chance to see how local craftsmen use their skills to create everything from handcrafted leather goods to traditional ceramics. We even get to explore an antiquarian bookstore carrying old and rare publications in Greek and English.
So come and discover the magic of Greek craftsmanship on our Artisans & Markets Walk. Let us show you the hidden side of Athens and the richness of its culture, one step at a time.
- Experienced Trekking Hellas Guide
- A street-food-tasting break
- All relevant taxes
- Any items or services not listed in the inclusions
- Basic physical fitness
- Minimum age of 8 years old
- Hat or beanie, sunglasses, sunblock
- Waterproof jacket/membrane (for rainy days)
- We encourage you to bring your own personal water bottle to support our environmental policy of reducing the use of plastic water bottles and contribute to a more sustainable future
About the provider
Trekking Hellas Athens
Explore more things to do
Reserva con confianzaWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.