Giannoulis Cavo Spada Luxury Sports and Leisure Resort is located 18kms west of the picturesque city of Chania. Its location combines in a unique way the beauty and tranquility of the Cretan Archipelagos with the unsurpassed charm of the famous Old Venetian town which is only a short drive away. Positioned on the west side of the Gulf of Chania, the hotel is built on a long stretch of beach, offering magnificent view of the Gulf of Chania and of Cape Spada. The latter is a spectacular rocky cape after which our hotel was named.
Τhe hotel is spread over a 65,000 m2 private property, hence offering ample space for all the guests to enjoy their holidays in one of the 150 rooms that the hotel has to offer. Being part of one of the oldest and most respected hotel company of Chania, the Giannoulis Cavo Spada Luxury Sports and Leisure Resort is the epitome of our experience in providing holidays of unprecedented quality and comfort.
Located just over 1km from the quaint village of Kolymbari and 22km west of Chania, it offers a glorious free-style lagoon – like swimming pool, a large reception / lobby area, four restaurants, a main bar, pool bar, mini club, boutique store, and the most sensational element that will definitely seduce your senses – the Cavo Spada Spa. Welcoming guests who seek a place for a Cretan holiday that has it all, Cavo Spada 5 star luxury hotel in Crete is indeed a seaside oasis made for luxury leisure & sports oriented holidays along a Blue Flag beach.
During the last years Giannoulis Cavo Spada Luxury Sports and Leisure Resort has been operating as a "Sports, Activities, and Leisure Resort", ideal for those who want to enjoy sports holidays in a calm, and luxurious environment; the only hotel on Crete operating under the specific concept, and one of the very few, less than half a dozen, throughout Greece. Right now, on top of all the standard facilities offered by a 5* hotel, Giannoulis Cavo Spada Luxury Sports and Leisure Resort offers:
• An indoors Fitness Center of approximately 160 sq. m. equipped with more than 30 branded machines (cardio machines included), and featuring full fitness accessories
• An indoors Spinning Center of approximately 70 sq. m. equipped with 10 spinning bikes.
• An outdoors covered Fitness Center of approximately 350 sq. m., providing 2 different surfaces (hard and elastic) and equipped with more than 20 branded machines
• A 60 m. long tartan surface running track
• A lighted multi-court suitable for mini-soccer, tennis and volley-ball
• An outdoors covered beach-front fitness stage ideal for fitness classes (zumba, core, pilates, yoga, steps, cross etc).
• An outdoors beach volley-ball court
• Two Boule/Bowls Courts
• Several well-signed, and mapped paths for walking, nordic walking, and jogging varying from 1 km to 7,1 km, running through various picturesque locations around the hotel.
• An open-air Obstacle Course
• A Cycling station
• Organised sports activities running throughout the day by professional sports instructors
All the above detailed facilities are matched with experienced and professional instructors, and are topped with the hotel's swimming pools, and upgraded spa centre.