- Visit Zitsa village and old houses that operate as small museums
- Cooking lesson at the village bakery. Prepare to learn all the secrets of baking
- Have a unique cooking experience!
Come to share the passion and joy of baking during a personalized bakery experience! You and your friends, family, or colleagues can learn to make sourdough bread (and your starter), traditional Greek pies, and tasty savory treats with the artisan baker of Zitsa. Depending on the day and time of your experience, you will have the opportunity to learn personal recipes and master techniques for a wide variety of our handmade baked goods, from our renowned sourdough bread created with our starter to traditional Greek cookies and pitas.
The baker will take you through the baking process from the very beginning – choosing the right high-quality ingredients – all the way through to tasting the finished products. You will learn why certain ingredients are added at specific times, how water and air temperature affect the outcome, and why we make certain loaves of bread or cookies for specific Greek holidays and traditions.
After the lesson, the baker will host you for a late lunch at their farmhouse, in which you will partake in the lovely goodies you have made, plus some local cheeses, wine, and other classic village dishes.
- Cooking lesson at the village bakery
- Liability insurance
- Personal accident insurance
- Tips and gratuities
- Anything not mentioned above
Hat or beanie
Period of operation: All the time of the year
Level of difficulty: Easy
At least two adults should accompany the children.
If you wish to book a private experience, feel free to let us know, and we will be happy to arrange it.
*Please inform us in advance if you have any special dietary needs.
Arrive 10 minutes before the activity starts.
Health and safety standards
At Food Tours, we take your health and the health of our staff very seriously. To be sure that you can enjoy our tours with the maximum protection we have put in place some strict measures.
- We ensure that all our partners and our places are disinfected after each tour.
- All our guides have been trained on health and safety measures
- Masks and hand sanitizers should be used on all our tours by our guides
- Guests must bring their mask
- We keep our group small, and we offer private tours.
About the provider
Explore more things to do
Book with confidenceWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.