Enjoy a guided walking tour on Santorini’s most impressive path, right on the rim of the famous volcanic caldera. Follow the footsteps of ancient merchants, farmers and sailors, and experience a once in a lifetime adventure at the edge of the super volcano that inspired the myth of Atlantis.
At a Glance
Enjoy a guided walking tour on Santorini’s most impressive path, right on the rim of the famous volcanic caldera. Follow the footsteps of ancient merchants, farmers and sailors, and experience a once in a lifetime adventure at the edge of the super volcano that inspired the myth of Atlantis. Your local guide will take you through traditional whitewashed settlements, at the only inhabited caldera in the world. Marvel at the azure sea and the breathtaking landscape, learning about the rich myths and history of Santorini. Starting from Fira and ending in Oia, you will enjoy extraordinary views, visit unique places of interest and capture exceptional photographic moments. With this Santorini Walking Tour you will immerse yourselves into the island life, enjoying the bright sky, the endless horizon, and the true wonder of nature that Santorini is.Tour Ηighlights
- Expert guidance through the settlements of Fira, Firostefani, Imerovigli and the outskirts of Oia
- Explore gorgeous scenery and secret spots
- Discover blue-domed churches, and learn about local customs and myths
- Stroll through cobblestone paths, marvel at vineyards, and discover timeless terraced gardens
- Walk through quaint villages where minimalist villas cling to the stunning cliffside
- Capture picture perfect panoramas
- English speaking experienced local walking guide
- Snack and refreshment (small group tours) or meze lunch at an authentic Greek restaurant (private tours)
The Caldera Hike is considered to be one of the most popular activities to experience in Santorini and our signature hike. It is an approximate 6 mile/10 klm long hike on the edge of the only inhabited volcanic caldera in the world. It normally takes approximately 3 1/2 hours to complete it, but our tour lasts about 4 hours. This allows for a comfortable pace, offering guests the opportunity to enjoy this wonderful hike as much as possible.
It is considered to be a moderate/demanding hike with a lot of steps, and the biggest part of it is on paved or cobblestone surfaces. It does get rugged, there is a downhill stretch that is gravel, and there is a few hundred meters of dirt road too.
Availability will be confirmed upon receipt of reservation request.