- Discover the historical heritage of Chania city.
- Learn about the culture and traditions of Crete.
- Visit the unknown historical paths of Chania city.
- Live the experience with a licensed professional local guide.
- Explore the hidden spots of the old town and the Venetian harbour.
- Enjoy the walk through the narrow streets and the flower-decorated neighbourhoods.
If you have visited Chania just to admire the famous monuments and the well-known spots inside the Old Town and the Venetian Harbor, this tour is not for you. This is something that anyone can do, and probably you have already done! On this tour, you will do something different! There are streets, buildings, high spots, neighbourhoods, monuments that only the locals know. You will walk on the stone-paths where the Venetians, the Ottomans and the old Cretans used to live and work.
You will admire the incredible flower-decorated neighbourhoods, learn about Cretan history, mythology and traditions, meet the locals and eat like locals. Join us on a unique tour through the ages and explore the other side of the city. You will visit the old societies of Topanas, Splantzia, Kolombo and Kasteli, hills to admire the panoramic view of the harbour, traditional Cretan shops and magnificent buildings.
You will also visit the ancient ruins of the great Minoan Kydonia and the Byzantine-Venetian moats’ high walls. The most important thing that you will learn from this experience is that in two hours you will tour and learn about five old civilizations, see their architecture, know about their culture and hear the ancient spirits’ history and tales!
- Licensed-professional local guide
- Bottled water per person
- Analytic information of Crete’s history
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick up and drop off
What to bring with you for this tour... except your besy mood & smile :)
· Your Camera
· Comfortable clothing & shoes
· Sunscreen & hat during summer months
· During spring and autumn, we advise you to bring a jacket.
Booking & Cancellation Policies
· If a tour is cancelled due to low participation or bad weather conditions, the company will refund 100% of made payments.
· In the case of allergies, tolerances or food preferences, please inform the company in advance.
· The company reserves the right to make minor changes in the program when considered necessary, for example, in unfavourable weather conditions. This can be done without prior notice.
· Regular Stops – There are stops every 30-40 minutes, for everyone’s convenience. If a client feels sick or it is necessary to stop, please inform your driver accordingly.
About the provider
Réservez en toute confianceWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.