While walking along the rim of the volcanic Caldera, you’ll experience the breathtaking, panoramic views of the Aegean Sea, the Mediterranean islands and whitewashed, blue-topped Cycladic chapels.
- Breathtaking views over the volcano from different angles
- A chance to hike on a picturesque & authentic old mule path
- Sites like Cycladic chapels, Firostefani, Imerovigli & Oia
- Watching the sunset from the top of a hill with a 360° view
- Convenient roundtrip transportation to & from your hotel
Hikers across the globe dub this popular hiking trail as theEarth’s most beautiful hikeand for good reasons. Whilewalking along the rim of the volcanic Caldera, you’ll experience the breathtaking, panoramic views of theAegean Sea, theMediterranean islandsandwhitewashed, blue-topped Cycladic chapels.
Start your epic caldera trail hike with a convenient hotel pickup. Take a scenic ride with your tour guide to the old mule path that connects Santorini’s capital city of Fira to the coastal village ofOia. The path takes you past the village ofImerovigli, which features Cycladic-built homes and structures and the monastery of St. Nicholas–theFirostefani.
Continue your tour passing the iconicProphet Elias chapel–an Orthodox chapel that sits atop a mountain and offers picturesque views of the surrounding villages and skyline. You’ll take a break here with your group to enjoy a delicious picnic for lunch. Continue your hike down the path that leads your way. Get your camera ready for Insta-worthy pictures of the views ofThirasia islandafar as you approach Oia. Enjoy the 360-degree views of the nearby villages, seaside and more as you watch the spectacular sunset from the hilltop.
From panoramic views of the Aegean Sea to a serene hike down an authentic mule path, there’s much this exciting hiking tour has to offer. Cosmopolitan Santorini off the beaten track for active, thinking travelers!
Distance: 11 Km
- 15.45: Pick up from your hotel or other lodging
- 16.15 – 21.00: Hiking & Sunset Viewing
- 21.00: Transfer back to your hotel or lodging
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- English Speaking Guide
- Walking Sticks
You should bring with you:
- Small backpack with bottled water
- Comfortable clothes (preferably quick-drying material: cotton or polycotton not denim)
- Light hiking shoes or hiking boots
- Hat or beanie, sunglasses, sunblock
- Waterproof jacket/membrane (for the rainy days)
- Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
About the provider
Book with confidenceWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.