This trip is a great way to live adventurous moments in the heart of the lush nature of Northern Greece. Our rafting experience takes place in the Venetikos and Aliakmonas rivers, located close to Meteora. Our route is of medium difficulty during winter, of lower difficulty in spring while during summertime and autumn it is ideal for fun and adventure loving families.
- Enjoy great thrills in the technical rapids of the Venetikos and Aliakmonas rivers
- Have fun whilst swimming and diving in the cool waters
- Savor a delicious picnic with traditional Greek pies!
This trip is a great way to live adventurous moments in the heart of the lush nature ofNorthern Greece. Our rafting experience takes place in theVenetikosandAliakmonasrivers, located close toMeteora. Our route is of medium difficulty during winter, of lower difficulty in spring while during summertime and autumn it is ideal for fun and adventure loving families.
OurMeteora Raftingtour begins with a pickup from your hotel inTrikala,KalampakaorKastraki. After a 45 minutes drive from Meteora we reach the river bed, where we gear up by wearing our rafting suits. We then proceed to an introductory lesson during which we go over all rafting safety rules and techniques. Now we are ready to begin our adventure in this unique natural environment! Imposing rock formations, beautiful river waters with great rapids and refreshing dives and fun in the water. At the end of our rafting route we will enjoy a nutritious picnic with traditional Greek pies.
After changing back to our dry clothes, we hop on our van and return to our hotel where our adventure ends.
Trekking Hellasoffer numerous other exciting activities inMeteorafor all types of travellers. Try our Meteora Experience tour if you are interested in culture. Adrenaline seekers try our Rock Climbing or Meteora Scramble tour. Families are welcome to combine our tour with a fun rappel from the rocky pinnacles of Meteora.
- English speaking Trekking Hellas Guides
- Transportation with 9 seater 2020 Van
- Hotel Pick Up & Drop Off from Kastraki, Kalambaka, Trikala
- Full body neoprene suits (October to May)
- All necessary equipment for the operation of the activity (helmet, life-jackets, Paddles, boats and safety equipment)
- Photo material
- Picnic meal with Greek pies
- Liability insurance
- VAT and all legal taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Any transfers except from & to hotel of stay
- Whatever not mentioned in the inclusions section
Rapids Difficulty: 1 to 3 depending on seasons
Rafting Length: 8km
Sun exposure: 80%
- Mental and physical health
- Basic physical condition
- Weight below 130Kg’s / 286 lbs
- Children from 7 years or older (may change depending on river conditions)
- No previous experience required
What to bring:
- Shoes suitable for walking on uneven ground and protect the ankle
- 2nd pair of socks
- Second pair of shoes (to wear after the gorge)
- Sports outfit
- 2nd clothing (to wear after the gorge)
- Energy snack
- Windproof/Waterproof jacket
About the provider
Book with confidenceWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.