- Enjoy Meteora independently
- Learn all about Meteora’s history and legends directly from the locals
- Experience the panoramic view of Meteora
- Visit all six monasteries
- Great chance to capture some wonderful photos
- Enjoy a value for money 2 day tour
Join this overnight adventure to admire Meteora’s spectacular landscape, view the magnificent monasteries and learn all about the place’s history and myths directly from a local.
Redeem your e-ticket for the 08:18 departure from Thessaloniki’s railway station to Kalampaka and travel on your own. Embark on a scenic train ride through the Greek countryside and admire the beautiful landscapes. At 11:30 you will arrive at Kalampaka’s train station, where our tour guide will be waiting for you, holding a signboard with your name to transfer you to your hotel. In the evening we will pick you up from your hotel for the “Amazing Meteora Sunset” tour, which will become a truly amazing experience for you. Then you will have free time to explore the area.
Next morning at 09:00 we will pick you up from your hotel to take you on your prefered tour (between “Meteora’s Wonder Tour” or “Hidden Trails of Meteora”). During this tour you will have the opportunity to admire Meteora’s spectacular landscape, view the monasteries and learn all about the place’s history and myths directly from the locals. At 16:45 the minibus will transfer you back to Kalampaka’s train station for your trip back to Thessaloniki. The train’s departure is at 17:15 and it’s arrival to Thessaloniki is at 20:30.
- Roundtrip train tickets from Thessaloniki to Meteora
- Accommodation at a 3 or 4 star hotel (including breakfast)
- Includes the Amazing Meteora Sunset tour
- Includes one tour or activity of your choice
- Pick up/Drop off from Kalampaka train station and your hotel in Kalampaka
- English speaking local tour guide
- Free Wi-Fi in the bus
- All taxes included
- We suggest that you bring with you appropriate clothing/footwear, your camera or smartphone and money for the monasteries entrance fees.
- The monasteries of Meteora impose a strict dress code. Men must wear long trousers. Women must wear long skirts and cover their shoulders. *Skirts are also provided at the entrance of each monastery.
- Important Notice: After the booking’s confirmation you will receive the train's roundtrip (Thessaloniki to Meteora) e-tickets to your email. Please don't forget that you should get to the Central Railway Station of Thessaloniki and travel to Kalampaka with the 08:18 train on your own. Our tour leader will be waiting for you at Kalampaka's train station holding a signboard with your name.
About the provider
Book with confidenceWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.