· Drogarati Cave: A visit to a 100 million-year-old cave with stalactite and stalagmite formations.
· Nunnery of St Gerasimos: A visit to the patron saint of the island's chapel where the Saint's body is kept.
· Robola Winery: A chance to sample some local wines and the famous Robola.
· Saint George's Castle: A visit to a castle built in the 16th century by the Venetians.
· Argostoli: The capital of Kefalonia where lunch will be enjoyed and visitors can relax and watch the world go by, or walk to the waterfront and try to spot the famous sea turtles that visit the lagoon.
· Myrtos: A photo stop at the most photographed beach in Greece.
· Mellisani Lake: A boat trip around a lake in a cave, also known as the cave of the Nymphs.
The best way to explore the emerald island of Kefalonia is to join us on our Island Experience tour.
We start with a visit to Drogarati, a cave over 100 million years old with stalactite and stalagmite formation. Then to the nunnery of St Gerasimos, the patron saint of the island. Take (women) something with you to cover your body before entering the chapel where the Saint’s body is kept .We stay in the area as our next stop is the Robola winery.
A chance to sample some local wines and the famous Robola. After that we visit the Saint George‘s castle, which was built in 16th century by the Venezians.
On our way to Argostoli, we pass the Fanari lighthouse and the area of Katavothres. Lunch will be enjoyed in the capital where you can choose to relax and watch the world go by, or walk to the waterfront and try to spot the famous sea turtles that visit the lagoon.On the return journey we have a photo stop over Myrtos, the most photographed beach in Greece. We close our tour with a boat trip around Melissani Lake-a lake in a cave-also known as the cave of the Nymphs.
A great day out…
Pick up Agia Efimia
Pick up Karavomylos
Pick up Sami
Drogarati Cave & coffe time
Saint's George's Castle
Lunch time & shopping in Argostoli
Departure from Argostoli
Photostop at Myrtos
Drop off Karavomylos
Drop off Sami
Drop off Agia Efimia
Book with confidenceWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.