- Experience superb views of the city that will leave you awe-inspired
- Enjoy an active walk through the hills of Athens, combining exercise with sightseeing
- Discover ancient sites and listen to fascinating stories!
Immerse yourself in the vibrant culture, rich history, and natural beauty of Athens with the Hills of Athens Walking Tour. This unique and active 4-hour walk is designed to provide visitors with an unforgettable experience of the city. Our knowledgeable guides will take you on a journey through time, introducing you to iconic sites from ancient times to the present day while enjoying the lush greenery that Athens offers.
Start your adventure in the picturesque Koukaki neighborhood, near the Odeon of Herod Atticus area. From there, ascend the Hill of the Muses and the Hill of the Nymphs, where breathtaking views of the Acropolis await you. Marvel at the birthplace of democracy on the Hill of Pnyx and admire the 19th-century National Observatory.
Continue your exploration of the Hills of Areopagus and get lost in the enchanting alleyways of the Anafiotika district. Along the way, pass by Hadrian’s Arch, the Temple of Zeus. And Panathenaic Stadium! Discover the serenity of Zappeio and the National Gardens, which are home to the Presidential Mansion and offer a refreshing escape amidst nature.
To complete our journey, ascend to the top of Lycabettus Hill for a panoramic view of Athens. If you join us on an evening tour, you'll witness a breathtaking sunset from this iconic vantage point. Wind your way back down through the lively streets of Kolonaki and conclude your journey at Evangelismos Metro Station.
Join us on this unforgettable walking tour, a captivating adventure that will unveil the hidden gems of Athens while indulging in its remarkable history, captivating culture, and stunning natural landscapes.
DISTANCE ~ 8 km. / 5 mi. including uphill parts
- Experienced Trekking Hellas Athens guide
- Refreshments break
- All relevant taxes
Anything else not mentioned in the inclusions
- Basic physical fitness
- Minimum age of 12 years old
- Hat or beanie, sunglasses, sunblock
- Waterproof jacket/membrane (for rainy days)
- We encourage you to bring your own personal water bottle to support our environmental policy of reducing the use of plastic water bottles and contribute to a more sustainable future
About the provider
Trekking Hellas Athens
Explore more things to do
Book with confidenceWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.