- Get a glimpse of the life of the Durrells family in Corfu
- Experience your favorite Durrells scenes
- Savor your coffee at the beachfront White House in Kalami, once home of the Durrells
- Include a private guide for more comprehensive experience (highly recommended for this tour)
- Cruise ship/Hotel pickup and drop off included
Your Private Durrells Tour begins with a convenient pickup from your cruise ship or your Corfu hotel!
Hop on your comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle and get ready to immerse yourself in the world of the Durrells family. Enjoy the scenic drive along the picturesque northeast coast of Corfu and make your first stop outside the gate of the Daffodil Yellow Villa. This villa was one of the real homes of the Durrells in Corfu in the 1930s, located in the area of Kontokali and only a few meters away from the on-screen Durrells home. Hop back on your vehicle and continue traveling to the north until you reach the peaceful, seaside village of Kalami where the famous White House lies. The White House was once the small fisherman cottage where Lawrence Durrell resided with his beloved wife Nancy and now operates as a summer holiday home and restaurant. Here you will have the chance to visit the little ''museum'', explore the rooms of the house (if open by the owners on your date of visit) and sip your coffee at the waterfront restaurant surrounded by the emerald waters of the Ionian Sea.
Your experience continues with a visit to the UNESCO-listed Corfu Town, one of the main filming locations of the series but also one of Corfu must-see attractions. Roam the pretty alleyways of this charming city and relive your favorite on-screen moments as you discover the iconic locations captured in the series like the Palace of St Michael and St. George - featuring as the bank on TV. Take time to also pay a short visit the Durrells gardens, featuring the bust of brothers Lawrence and Gerald Durrell. Along the way, learn more about the island’s rich history and culture as you visit Corfu Town’s top attractions including St. Spyridon Church, Spianada Square, Liston and the Old Fortress.
After delving into the world of the Durrells in Corfu, get back on your private vehicle and enjoy a comfortable drive back to your cruise ship or your Corfu hotel!
- Private Half-Day Tour by private, modern, air-conditioned vehicle
- Pickup from your hotel or your cruise ship
- Professional driver
- Professional Tour Guide (if relevant option is selected)
- All Taxes
- Pickup: Pickup from your Corfu hotel or Corfu cruise port.
- Hotel pickup can be arranged from Corfu hotels located maximum 20 km from Corfu Town including the areas: Corfu Town, Kanoni, Alepou, Agios Gordis, Kontokali, Kommeno, Daphnila, Gouvia, Dassia, Ipsos, Perama, Benitses, Agios Ioannis Peristeron, Marbella, Moraitika, Glyfada, Agios Gordios, Paleokastritsa etc. Pickup from more distant areas can be arranged at an extra cost.
- Pickup time: Flexible. Pickup time can be arranged upon receiving your booking.
- Please note that the standard language for all our tours is English. Other languages can be provided upon request/availability.
About the provider
Book with confidenceWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.