With the half day tour around the Bridges & Villages of Central Zagori immerse yourself in the stunning environment with a short circular hike!
- Hike the crossroads of culture and history
- Discover the iconic stone bridges of Pitsionis, Milos, Kalogeriko, Kontodimos
- Hike through the traditional villages of Koukouli and Kipi
- Live an unforgettable experience
Zagori Bridges & Villages Hike (Half day)! Immerse yourself in the stunning environment ofCentral Zagoriwith a short circular hike!
TheZagoriarea is known for its traditional network of footpaths, which were built to connect its 46 villages, until modern roads were opened. The traditional stone bridges ofZagoriwere instrumental in ensuring uninterrupted com-mutes throughout the year.
Starting from the village ofKipi, once the seat of local government, we will walk around some of the most impressive stone bridges of the area, built in the 17th-18th centuries. Each bridge is usually named after the benefactor, who paid for their construction.
During ourtour, we will have the chance to visit themuseum ofLazaridi, located in the picturesque village ofKoukouli. The museum is housed in the former residence of its founder, Kostas Lazaridis. Throughout his life he passionately gathered rare specimens of theVikos Gorgeflora. In the museum, we will have the opportunity to admire rare plant collections that grow on the canyon’s rocks and learn all about the ‘Healers of Vikos’. Then we will head towards the village of Kipi, following the very old stone path of Koukouli, also known as ‘Koukouli Steps’. In Kipi, our beautiful hike comes to an end.
- 10:00Meeting with your guide and welcome briefing
- 10:15Starting time
- 11:30Visit to the Koukouli village
- 12:00Leaving from Koukouli village, hike towards Kipi village via Koukouli steps
- 13:00Return to the meeting point, end of the activity
- Certified English speaking Trekking Hellas guide
- Hiking poles
- Picnic snacks (seasonal fruits, energy bars)
- Backpacks (upon request)
- Waterproof poncho jacket
- Liability insurance
- Personal accident insurance
- Anything not mentioned above
What you should bring?
- Hiking shoes, breathable and quick-drying sports clothes
- Hat / Sunglasses/ Sunscreen (for summer months)
- Beanie (for winter months)
- Backpack 20-30L
- Personal bottle (water)
- Distance: 7 km
- Elevation gain: 162 m
- Terrain: footpath, cobblestone path
About the provider
Book with confidenceWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.