This full day guided tour from Athens to Argolis area takes you to some of the major sites of Greek antiquity on the outskirts of the city.
At a Glance
Depart from our terminal via the coastal National highway for the strategically important Corinth canal (short stop). Continue to the region of Argolis, land of Homer’s Golden Mycenae, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Dating back to the second century B.C., Mycenae was one of the major centers of Greek civilization and a military stronghold which dominated much of southern Greece. Avoid and skip the lines of the archaeological site, home to the kingdom of mythical Agamemnon. Marvel at the Cyclopean Walls, the Lion’s Gate, the Royal Tombs, including Agamemnon Clytemnestra's, and the Treasury of Atreus, a magnificent 14th-century B.C. structure.
Time will then be taken for a delicious Greek optional lunch at a nearby restaurant. Afterward, stop in the beautiful sea port of Nauplia the first capital of modern Greece with its Venetian fortress of Palamidi and the fortified islet of Bourtzi (short stop). Continue on to Epidaurus and visit the ancient theatre. The UNESCO’S world heritage listed monument is reputed to be the birthplace of Apollo's son Asklepios, the healer and was the most celebrated healing center of the classical world. Epidaurus is probably most famous for its theatre, one of the best preserved classical Greek buildings and still used today due to its amazing acoustics. Your day tour finishes with a drop off service back to your Athens central hotel late in the afternoon.
- Small group tour of maximum 26 people
- Skip the long lines and save time
- Short stop at the strategically important Corinth Canal
- Day guided tour to the ancient cities of Epidaurus & Mycenae
- Short stop at the sea port of Nauplion & marvel at the islet of Bourtzi
- Visit the Unesco listed ancient theatre of Epidaurus
- Explore ancient Mycenae and view highlights such as Royal tombs & Lion's gate
- Transport by luxury A/C bus
- Professional and licensed guide
- Entrance fees
- Hotel Pick up / drop off service
- Free WiFi on coaches
- All taxes
From April to October: Every Tuesday and Thursday tour stops for lunch at Nafplion. The other days and during winter season stops for lunch in a traditional restaurant outside Mycenae.