- St. Nicolas Cathedral: Dive into the grandeur of this cathedral in the distinguished Vaporia district, renowned for its lavish interiors and captivating sea-side mansions.
- Apollon Theater: Visit this architectural gem designed by Italian architect Pietro Sampo in 1864, inspired by iconic theaters like the Scala di Milano, and immerse in its cultural significance.
- Miaoulis Square: Experience the 19th-century charm of Syros's historic square, surrounded by architectural marvels and the iconic Town Hall designed by Ernst Ziller, a blend of Tuscan, Ionic, and Corinthian styles.
- Ano Syros Exploration: Ascend to the medieval settlement overlooking Hermoupolis, home to the Cathedral of St. George, the Monastery of Capuchins, and the historic church of St. John from 163
- Piatsa Center: Wander through this quaint heart of Ano Syros, featuring charming shops and the museum dedicated to the legendary rebetiko musician, Markos Vamvakaris.
This is a private tour for travelers who want to be introduced in a short time to some of the best elements that make Syros Island fascinating, a unique blend of architecture, marvelous views, a touch of culture and the allure of Greek summer.
We will pick you up at your location.
Our first stop will be the majestic Cathedral of St. Nicolas, patron saint of Hermoupolis that stands out for its lavish interiors and impressive architectural structure. St. Nicholas is located at the prestigious district of Vaporia, featuring some unique high-ceiling mansions that seem to hover above the sea.
Next, we go to the Apollon Theater, one of the major attractions of Syros and cultural icon of Hermoupolis. Built in 1864 to the designs of the Italian architect Pietro Sampo, who drew his inspiration by at least 4 Italian standards including the Scala di Milano, the theater is hosting nowadays various cultural events.
We are on our way now to the heart of Hermoupolis; Miaoulis Square which is the historic square of Syros featuring architectural marvels in a dreamy landscape of the 19th century. Here we will visit the Town Hall designed by Ernst Ziller. The crown jewel of Syros was built in 1898 drawing architecturally on three different styles, Tuscan, Ionic and Corinthian, boasting outstanding features such as a princely staircase 15.5 meters high.
Leaving the town center, we will visit the old town of Syros, the medieval settlement of Ano Syros, located up at the hill to the left above Hermoupolis. We will enter the settlement at the top of the hill. Here we will visit the Cathedral of St. George, which is the Catholic cathedral of the island, the Catholic Monastery of Capuchins and the church of St. John built in 1635. After that we will wander around the picturesque center of the settlement called “Piatsa” with small shops and the museum of Markos Vamvakaris, one of the most influential Greek rebetiko musicians.
- Pickup - Drop off at your location
- Transfer in a fully air-conditioned private vehicle
- A guided tour with experienced guide
- Entrance fees
Children under 4 years old can join for free
Book with confidenceWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.