- Immerse Yourself in Pottery History: Learn the fascinating history of pottery craftsmanship through an interactive walk tour and hands-on workshop
- Make Your Mark: Get creative and make your own unique piece of pottery to take home as a memorable keepsake
- Discover Ancient Athens: Visit the historic Keramikos site, located in the heart of Athens, and learn about the ancient Athens potters and vase painters
Discover the rich heritage of Greek pottery on our interactive and hands-on Greek Pottery Walk Tour & Workshop experience.
Join us in partnership with the Centre for the Study of Modern Pottery, as we uncover the secrets of this ancient art form. Our tour begins at the Keramikos site, accompanied by an archaeologist specialized in pottery, a historic settlement of potters and vase painters, located in the heart of Athens. As suggested by its name Keramikos derives from the Greek word for pottery.
We'll then visit the Foundation of Greek Pottery, a museum housed in a stunning neoclassical building of 1875, that was once a private residence. During our 2-hour workshop at the Foundation, you'll have the chance to learn about the art of pottery and create your very own unique pieces - be it a vase, toy, or piece of jewelry! With plenty of time for practice and guidance from our experienced instructors, you'll leave with new skills and a memorable keepsake.
Join us and immerse yourself in the fascinating world of Greek pottery, and leave with a newfound appreciation for this timeless art form.
Please note: if you would like to receive your handmade pottery by mail, an additional week is required for drying and glazing, plus postage.
- Professional Guide specialized in Pottery
- Tickets for the archaeological site of Kerameikos
- Refreshments break
- All relevant taxes
- The shipment cost for your artwork, in case you want it to be baked and shipped to your home address
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
- Basic physical fitness
- Minimum age: 8 years old
- Hat or beanie, sunglasses, sunblock
- Waterproof jacket/membrane (for rainy days
- We encourage you to bring your own personal water bottle to support our environmental policy of reducing the use of plastic water bottles and contribute to a more sustainable future
About the provider
Trekking Hellas Athens
Explore more things to do
Book with confidenceWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.