- See the renovated monastery of Ypapanti, built at the side of the rock. Open Monday to Friday from April till October
- Walk through the forest of Meteora, away from the crowds
- Discover places accessible only on foot
- Visit the monastery of Great Meteoron, or Varlaam on the days Great Meteoron is closed
- Great photo opportunities
Hike through the majestic 'rock forest' of Meteora, see the best monasteries and experience the most captivating views on this morning tour. The Meteora Hiking Tour is one of the best ways to enjoy this unique geological phenomenon and learn the history of a UNESCO World Heritage Site. By joining this morning hike you will walk through hidden trails that only locals know. Let us take you on a journey back in time, following the footsteps of the first monks who arrived here more than 15 centuries ago. Join this amazing guided hiking tour and walk among the gigantic rock pillars of Meteora to enjoy truly breathtaking views.
The hike begins from the foothills of Doupiani rock, beneath the old ruins of the Pantokrator monastery. Then crosses through the immense rock formations to reach the northern side of Meteora. Over that side, you’ll discover the hidden monastery of Ypapanti and the ruins of St. Dimitrios. Listen to the stories and the legends behind each place you pass along the trail and the thousand years of history will become alive through the exciting narrative of our local mountain guides. You will enter the hidden monastery of Ypapanti (only Monday to Friday), which opened for hikers. Afterward, you will visit the monasteries of Great Meteoron or Varlaam and then you’ll walk down the old footpath monks used for centuries before the construction of roads for the last part of this marvelous hike.
This tour requires a reasonable physical and mental health on behalf of all participants!
- Professional English speaking Mountain guide
- French and Italian-speaking guides upon availability
- Bottle of water 0.5L
- Transportation by VIP Mercedes mini bus
- Taxes and service fees
- Cancellations received within 1 day of departure will incur a penalty of 100% per person.
- Unused features are non-refundable. No shows forfeit entire payment.
About the provider
Book with confidenceWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.