- Enjoy a 6-hour gastronomic experience in an agrotourism unit and Arcadian workshop in a small village in the heart of mountainous Arcadia region, 70km (45 mi) from Kalamata
- Tour the agrotourism unit, traditional food preparation area, cookware museum, and village
- Learn about sustainable farming methods and pick fresh veggies from the garden (available from March to October)
- Participate in a Greek cooking class with a local cook, learning to make traditional dishes and desserts
- Make your own bread or Greek pie from scratch and bake it in a traditional wood-fired oven (available from March to October)
- Feast on local products from the Arcadian workshop and Greek local producers, accompanied by organic wine, soft drinks, Greek coffee, or tea
Local gastronomy meets history and the rich cultural heritage of Arcadia region!
A 6-hour gastronomic experience that includes a tour of the agrotourism unit, the traditional food preparation area, the cookware museum and the village. Experience the best that Greek nature has to offer, learn some of the secrets of the Greek cuisine and feast on traditional local products in an amazing agrotourism unit.
You will visit an Agrotourism unit and an Arcadian workshop in a small village, located 70km (45 mi) from Kalamata in the heart of mountainous Arcadia region in Peloponnese.
The workshop produces traditional products and is inspired by the Arcadian nature. Built on 2.5 acres of land, the place offers stunning views towards Mt. Lykaio and the village of Karytaina.
The two-storey stone-built establishment also houses a library with over 650 cookbooks, where you can discover age-old local recipes; a Cookware Museum, showcasing items used by Greek housewives in villages as far back as the beginning of the 1900s; and a restaurant that serves local delicacies.
All-year round, Monday - Sunday excluding Greek official holidays.
March to October for vegie picking.
The Culinary and Cultural experience
Join us for a 6-hour tour of the Agrotourism unit and the Arcadian workshop.
Part 1: Tour in the fields and Veggie Picking
You’ll get to enjoy a tour in the fields, pick fresh veggies from the garden and feel closer to nature than ever (available from March to October). And if you visit it in June, you can even participate in the wheat harvesting in the wheat fields!
Part 2: Visit of the traditional Workshop
You’ll participate in a guided tour of the Arcadian workshop, including the traditional food preparation area, the Cookware Museum and the library.
Leaf through old cookbooks and view rare 19th century photos in the library. Or take a step back in time and get a taste of village life back in the 1900s in the Museum.
Part 3: Cooking class with a local mum and Bread or pita making
You may also participate in a Greek cooking class with a local cook, and learn how to make kolokythopita (courgette or pumpkin pie), tzatziki, trachanokeftedes (fermented milk pasta balls), rooster with hylopites (egg pasta), glyka tou koutaliou (spoon sweets), marmalades, or other local seasonal food and delights. What could be better than enjoying authentic Mediterranean cuisine prepared by your own two hands?
Experience the amazing aroma of freshly baked bread. You’ll get the chance to make your own embroidered bread from scratch along with the local women and bake it in a traditional wooden fired oven. You can also take it with you! Depending on the season, we can also make a Greek pie instead of bread! Available from March to October.
Part 4: Traditional Local Feast
You'll have lunch at the restaurant, where you will feast on local products from the Arcadian workshop and other Greek local producers. The meal includes appetizers, mains and dessert, accompanied by organic wine (red, white or rose), soft drinks, Greek coffee or tea.
Part 5: Shopping at the gift shop (optional)
You’ll get the chance to find more than 50 local delicacies at the gift shop, including walnut kourabiethes, melomakarona, skaltsounia, pasta, spoon sweets, pine honey, local myzithra cheese, and Greek herbs and spices.
What’s more, you can lock a bit of Greek flavour in your suitcases and take it back home, by selecting any of the amazing products available for sale.
Part 6: Stroll through the Village (if time permits)
Enjoy a stroll through the small cobblestone lanes and immerse yourself in the local culture. Find out the local history of the small village and the humble beginnings of the Arcadian workshop back in 1980.
- Greek Cooking class, full local lunch and drinks
- Greek local delicacies, visits and activities of the main tour
- Local hosts / local chef throughout the experience
- All taxes
- The Extra Experiences may be provided upon request, depending on availability and at an extra charge)
- Personal purchases from the workshop (optional)
- Tips & gratuities (optional)
- Transfer services may be provided upon request and at an extra charge.
- Transfer is needed to visit the Arcadian workshop in Arcadia which is located 1 hour away from Kalamata. Please inform us if you have your own vehicle. In other case, we can arrange it with our partners at an extra cost.
- Availability: Monday to Sunday, excluding Greek official holidays.
- The Agrotourism unit is also suitable for School groups and larger groups.
- Meeting point & time: In front of the Port Authority Offices in Kalamata at 08.30 a.m.
- Languages: English & Greek. Other languages can be provided at an extra charge.
- Family friendly.
- Wheelchair accesible 100%.
Payment & booking
- Bookings: In order to organize your experience in the best way, the booking and the full payment must be made the latest 3 days before the tour.
- For bookings less than 3 days and for last minute requests, please contact us via email to check availability.
- When the booking and the transaction are completed the experience is officially confirmed by Mama's flavours through email.
- All payments can be made through our booking engine, bank transfer (you can contact us via email for this option) or Paypal.
- Cash is not accepted.
Book with confidenceWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.