Neda gorge is a hidden gem of southern Peloponnese. According to Greek mythology, Neda was a nymph, a goddess of water and she was one of those who nourished Zeus. Waterfalls are created along the gorge course with incredible waters, maybe the cleanest in Greece. The lush environment, the crystal-clear waters, and the majestic cliffs make the crossing of this gorge an unforgettable experience. Our canyoning trip here is the ideal way to do your first steps and get addicted to the magic world of canyoning. No previous experience is required, families with teenage kids are welcomed.
Meet your guide at the starting point. He will welcome you, and brief you all you need to know about how to descend the gorge safely and how to achieve maximum fun out of it. Your guide will also provide you with wetsuits, helmets, and harnesses and you are ready to go. In a few minutes, the game begins with your first slide into one of the ponds of the gorge. After that, there is swimming, walking, water jumping, and a lot of fun as we move further. Quite often we abseil down the beautiful waterfalls under the directions of our guides. Last but not least rappel will be at the greatest and most notable waterfall of the river. Here, is the only accessible spot by other visitors and where most of them come to swim. Often you hear them applauding at you as they see you rappelling over their heads. We finish the day enjoying a tasty picnic by the riverbank remembering the thrilling moments we lived a few moments ago.
- Wetsuit, Helmet, Harness, Carabiners, Ropes, Waterproof bags
- Professional Canyoning Leader also holding first aid certificate.
- Eco friendly cultural and educational guiding
- Picnic with freshly baked bread fruits and vegetables, homemade olive oil, and cheese
- Waterproof camera and photographs from the trip
- Liability insurance
- All taxes
- Water (please bring your own full bottle of water)
- Transfer to the meeting point
- Tip or gratuity
What to bring with you:
- Bottle of water (1,5 liter per person)
- Any specific medication you are on
- Short or long sleeve t-shirt (quick-dry if available)
- Swimwear or shorts
- Change of dry clothes
- Spare pair of shoes that will get wet. Suitable are hiking shoes or trainers (Open shoes, sandals or flip-flops are unsuitable)
Meeting time: 10:30 a.m.
Meeting point: North parking of Neda Waterfalls.
Duration: 4 hours including breaks
Difficulty: Easy with a few moderate parts
Suitability: Family friendly, Group friendly, Couples, Seniors, Youth, Kids over 5 years old
Private trips are available.
Discounts are available for families and kids.
Hotel pick up / drop off upon request.
*There is a minimum of 4 participants for the implementation of this outdoor activity.
*We reserve the right to modify or cancel any outdoor activity due to bad weather or any other reason beyond our control.
About the provider
Book with confidenceWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.