- Enjoy Meteora independently
- Learn the history and legends directly from the locals
- Experience the panoramic view of Meteora
- See all six monasteries
- Great chance to capture some wonderful photos
- Enjoy a value for money tour
Take the train yourself from Thessaloniki’s railway station at 08:18 (change train at Paleofarsalos train’s station). Embark on a scenic train ride through the beautiful Greek countryside. At 11:30 you will arrive at Kalampaka’s train station, where our tour guide will be waiting for you holding a signboard with your name.
You will board in a comfortable Limo VIP minibus, which will take you on a tour around Meteora. This tour will give you the opportunity to see all six monasteries (enter three them) and learn all about Meteora’s history and myths directly from a local. At 16:00 the minibus will transfer you back to Kalampaka’s train station for your trip back to Thessaloniki. The train departs at 17:15, so you will have about an hour of free time to explore the center of Kalampaka on foot, visit one of the many cafes or restaurants and relax by observing and taking photos of Meteora. You will arrive in Thessaloniki at around 20:30.
- Roundtrip train tickets from Thessaloniki to Meteora
- Pick up/Drop off from Kalampaka’s train station
- English speaking local tour guide
- See all six monasteries and enter three of them
- Free Wi-Fi in the bus
- All taxes included
- We suggest that you bring with you appropriate clothing/footwear, your camera or smartphone and money for the monasteries entrance fees.
- The monasteries of Meteora impose a strict dress code. Men must wear long trousers. Women must wear long skirts and cover their shoulders. *Skirts are also provided at the entrance of each monastery.
- Important Notice: After the booking’s confirmation you will receive the train's roundtrip (Thessaloniki to Meteora) e-tickets to your email. Please don't forget that you should get to the Central Railway Station of Thessaloniki and travel to Kalampaka with the 08:18 train on your own. Our tour leader will be waiting for you at Kalampaka's train station holding a signboard with your name.
About the provider
Book with confidenceWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.