- Visit Syntagma Square and witness the changing of the guards at the Monument of the Unknown Soldier
- See Hadrian's Arch and the Temple of Zeus
- Stroll through the picturesque alleys of Plaka and admire the illuminated Acropolis, Tower of the Winds, and Roman Agora
- Visit Monastiraki, one of the oldest and most vibrant squares in Athens
- Enjoy a delicious Greek meal in one of the best eateries in colorful Psirri
- Hear stories and myths from your guide that will bring the ancient ruins and buildings to life and provide context for everything you see.
If you love history and myths ,enjoy walking under the stars and want to experience the charm of Athens by night , this leisurely paced walk around some of the major sites of interest will fascinate you.
Starting at Syntagma square you visit the Monument of the Unknown Soldier and have the chance to watch the changing of the Guards. Then you make your way to Hadrian’s Arch and the adjacent grandiose Temple of Zeus, before you enter the most ancient and admittedly beautiful neighborhood of the city: Plaka. Enjoy your stroll in the picturesque alleys and be seduced by the illuminated Acropolis up there but also the Tower of the Winds and the Roman Agora, the first shopping court in history. After you admire Hadrian’s library you eventually reach Monastiraki, one of the oldest and most vibrant squares of Athens. Your stroll is completed in colorful Psirri, where together with locals, you will enjoy a delicious Greek meal in one of the best eateries of the area.
All along the way, the ancient ruins and old buildings become alive through stories and myths narrated by your guide, which will put everything you see in context thus helping you gain a more complete understanding of this unique city.
An Important Note on Cancellations
Cancellations more than 48 hours before the tour’s scheduled start time are refunded in full.
Cancellations less than 48 hours before the tour’s scheduled start time are not refundable.
If you do not attend your tour & do not provide a notice, you may reschedule your tour within 24 hours of your original tour for a 60€ fee. (Rescheduled tours are subject to availability.)
There are no tours on Christmas Day, New Years Day and Orthodox Easter Sunday
Explore more things to do
Book with confidenceWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.