Golf in Greece: landscapes of unique beauty and high standard facilities will transform your holidays in Greece. Each golfing destination is exceptional. On Corfu, the golfing fairways are surrounded by a unique natural habitat for birds from herons to kingfishers as well as animals such as otters in the waters of the Nausica river. In Costa Navarino, two awarded courses are set in diverse topography with spectacular sea views. In Glyfada, pine, cypress, olive and fig trees flank the fairways.
Picture yourself a part of these beautiful scenes enjoying your favourite sport – golf. Golfing in Greece is a delightful experience, which has flourished in recent years with the addition of new, award-winning signature courses in new destinations such as Messinia as well as the renovation of the classic golfing haunts.
Unique landscapes offer beauty in abundance to please the eye while you exercise your body and mind. Add to all this, the wonderful climate, with mild winters and sunshine throughout the year, as well as the exceptional luxury hotel infrastructure and the rich Greek cuisine to complete the experience of golfing in one of the most beautiful landscapes in the world.
At present in Greece there are seven 18-hole golf courses and one 9-hole course. They are all located in destinations with their own special beauty where you can combine a holiday with your beloved sport.
- In Athens: an 18-hole world class competition golf course in upmarket Glyfada, easily accessible from the city centre.
- On Rhodes: an 18-hole golf course in Afandou, designed by the famous golf course architect Donald Harradine.
- On Corfu: a renovated 18-hole golf course in the gorgeous Ropa valley.
- On Crete: a 9-hole golf course in Elounda, ideal for you to hone your technique while on holiday. Also, an 18-hole course in Chersonisos was recently renovated according to the highest standards in Europe, capable of hosting international tournaments.
- In Halkidiki: a world class 18-hole golf course within the Porto Carras Grand Resort, which already hosts major international championships..
- On the Peloponnese: two coastal 18-hole signature golf courses at Costa Navarino, in the Messinia region, which attract visitors throughout the year.