- Visit thearchaeological site of Philippi
- Visit the place whereApostle Paulwas imprisoned
- FollowSt Paul's footsteps
- See the famousLion of Amfipolis
- Visit thepicturesque city of Kavala
- Free time for awalk or shoppingin Kavala
A complex trip which gives you the opportunity to follow into St. Paul’s footsteps, which will introduce to you the Ancient town of Filippi and the modern city of Kavala. But first we will visit Amfipoli and see the famous Lion of Amfipolis!
Then we leave to the Ancient town of Filippi, a settlement founded by Alexander the Great’s father, where we shall visit the basilica, the theatre, the Roman forum, the cell where Apostle Paul was imprisoned but also the Octagon Church-the first Christian church of Europe.
Later we will arrive in Kavala, the amphitheatric town, where we have a couple of free hours for shopping, for a walk or for a visit of the old fortress, the aqueduct or to see Muhammad Ali’s house. Early in the evening, we drive back to Thessaloniki and your hotel.
- Entrance fees
- Professional and licensed English speaking guide
- Transportation by a deluxe vehicle
We offer pick-up from central Thessaloniki hotels. For other languages than English, extra fees may apply.
About the provider
Book with confidenceWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.