- Visit a traditional Greek bakery and taste the best Greek pies after watching the process of making them
- Try yummy Greek traditional yoghurt with honey and nuts
- Taste bougatsa! A children’s favourite sweet custard pie!
- Tuck into Greece’s authentic cuisine and products such as cheese, cold cuts, and mezze (the Greek tapas) with seafood or meat varieties
- Stop off at Varvakeios, the amazing open fish and meat market of Athens and feel the vibrance of the local vendors!
- Kids will enjoy finishing the tour with a delicious ice cream roll!
- Arrive with an empty stomach and you will be treated like Greek grandchildren, finishing the tour full and happy!
Learn about thegreatness of traditional Greek cuisine and culture in a food tour of Athens,specially designed for kids. This tour combines having fun with gaininginvaluable knowledge on some of the most important aspects of Greek culture.
Begin the food tasting tour by taking a walk in thehistorical Anafiotika district, learning about its history in a fun andinteractive way. Continue your stroll through the buzzing yet quaint alleywaysof the famous Monastiraki area, where the children will have some enchantingsights to see. Nibbles along the way include dunking bread into a wide varietyof delicious olive oils and a taste of the famous Greeksnack, Spanakopita!
From there, get to know the city center of Athens like a local.Right in the heart of the city, we will introduce you to the vibrant hustle andbustle of ‘Varvakios’ market. There the children will have the chance toexperience at first hand where foods come from, how they are madeand prepared before being sold, and if lucky even witness the excitementof the locals bartering away at prices. Along the way, you will have the opportunity totaste authentic greek products such as; olives, traditionalcheeses, cured meats, rusks, and many more Greek culinary surprises.
To sum up, this Athens food tour is awonderful opportunity for yourself and your youngsters to have fun whilstexpanding your knowledge of Greek culture. We provide you and yourchildren with the opportunity to discover new tastes that you ordinarilywouldn’t have the chance to try.
Oh! We nearly forgot to mention, to round up your tour nicely, a charming little homemade ice cream shop awaits those with a sweet tooth..!
- Food tasting
- Orientation around the historical centre
- Educational discussion about Greek cuisine and Greek History
- Tasting greek dishes at traditional cookeries
- Education and fun for children
- Browsing of the Acropolis
- Products you purchase
Book with confidenceWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.