Are you ready to explore the culture, the gastronomy, the traditions of Epirus, and live like a local for a few hours?
- You’ll try one of the most famous "bougatsa" in Greece.
- You’ll get aromas of freshly roasted coffee that will always remind you of your trip to the city of Ioannina.
- We’ll present you the folk art and the workshops that developed their techniques, with the result that the "Silverware of Ioannina" is known as the best of its kind.
- You’ll taste local cheeses made by a family that has been involved in cheese making for four generations.
- You’ll be immersed in "the city with legends and traditions" history through the museums and the castle.
- We’ll take you to a family shop to try traditional homemade recipes and get to know the standard drinks of the area.
Then this delicious walking tour is the perfect choice for you! Don’t miss the opportunity to try traditional flavors, local wines, and tsipouro and explore the alleys of the city and the Island of Ioannina. Get ready for unique flavors and intense aromas!
In our 4 hours tour, you will have the opportunity to discover the local Epirus food, tsipouro, and wine made by local producers and learn the history of Ioannina, having a friendly chat with locals.
- Local English-speaking tour escort-driver
- Bottled water
- Behind-the-scenes access at some of the venues
- Samplings of local food and drink
- Tsipouro tasting
- Wine tasting
- Umbrellas for rainy weather
- VAT & Local taxes
- Liability Insurance
Μaximum of 6 guests per experience
Arrive 10 minutes before the activity starts
The total length is approximate; please allow for a grace period
The experience does not finish at the starting point. Detailed return directions are provided
2.9 kilometers will be covered
The daily tours are open for up to 6 guests, so enjoy meeting new people while having a great time with your local host.
If you wish to book a private experience, feel free to let us know and we will be happy to arrange it.
*Please inform us in advance if you have any special dietary needs.
Arrive 10 minutes before the activity starts.
About the provider
Prenota con fiduciaWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.