Discover Halkidiki, a large peninsula in Northern Greece, surrounded by the Aegean Sea, with enchanting beaches, rich history, significant caves – an area of outstanding natural beauty!
- Petralona Cave
- SUP in the Potidea Canal
- Lighthouse at Cape Poseidon
- Thermal springs of St.Paraskevi
- Swimming & Snorkelling in the emerald waters of Myti & St.Mamas beaches
Discover Halkidiki, a large peninsula in Northern Greece, surrounded by the Aegean Sea, with enchanting beaches, rich history, and significant caves – an area of outstanding natural beauty! In Kassandra full-day tour, we will explore the most famous places on the peninsula, and we will participate in various activities that will give us a glimpse of paradise on earth. Our day starts with a visit of the Petralona Cave and we continue with an amazing crossing with SUPS of the Potidea Canal. After a refreshing swim, we continue to the lighthouse of Cape Poseidon before we visit the thermal springs of St.Paraskevi. A day full of beautiful scenery, action, and swimming in magical bays.
- 09:00 am: Pick up from your hotel and we board the minibus for the area of Kassandra, the first “leg” of Chalkidiki. But first, we will make a stop at the cave of Petralona, 56km from Thessaloniki (50 minutes’ drive), to admire the cave and the findings that are among the oldest remains of European ancestors that have been found until today.
- 11:30 am: After visiting the Cave of Petralona, we will continue our journey southward to the village of Nea Potidea. After a 30 minutes drive and 30 km, we will reach our destination. The main attraction of Nea Potidea is the canal that connects the two bays, Thermaikos and Toroneos.
- 12:30 pm: We will cross the canal with SUP from one entrance to the other. The total length of the canal is 1,250 m with a width of 40 m. It dates to 315 BC. Our activity will end at the long beach of Nea Potidea in the bay of St. Mamas with turquoise crystal clear waters. Duration of activity about 1 ½ hour. 2 nautical miles
- 14:30 pm: Light lunch in a beach restaurant
- 17:00 pm: We will then head to the cape of Poseidon, 22km from Nea Potidea, approximately 25 minutes drive. Near the village, there is an old lighthouse, built in 1864, manufactured by a French lighthouse company. Its height is 14.5 meters, and the height of its light (focal height) is 23 meters. The lighthouse at Poseidi was once very close to the sea, although today, the distance between the lighthouse and the water is significantly increased due to the deposition of sand on the cape. The lighthouse is still in use today. The sandy beach near the lighthouse (Myti beach) is unique and special, as it has crystal clear waters on both sides, and it is not crowded. Near the lighthouse, we will see the remains of the temple of Poseidon (6th -7th BC), who was the god of the sea.
- 18:30 pm: Next stop will be the Thermal Baths of St. Paraskevi, 21km from Poseidi, 20 minutes drive. We can swim with diving masks, snorkels, and flippers (swim fins) and visit the underwater bubbles that form an upside-down waterfall.
- 20:00 pm: After this full day we return back to Thessaloniki.
Total daily distance: 228 km (from Thessaloniki)
- English speaking Trekking Hellas Guide
- First aid kits and other necessary equipment
- Lunch 1st
- Local Transportation
- Hotel Pick up &Drop Off from hotel in Thessaloniki
- Walking Sticks
- All necessary SUP and Snorkeling equipment
- Professional guide in the archaeological site
- Anything not mentioned above
About the provider
Prenota con fiduciaWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.