Setting off from Thessaloniki we drive to Halkidiki and start with a hike on part of Aristotle’s path that ends by the sea at the village of Olympiada. After a traditional fish lunch, our next destination is the waterfalls in St. Varvara. We make the last stop at the winery “Claudia Papayianni” for a wine tasting of the well-known wines of Chalkidiki.
- Hike on Aristotle’s Path
- Waterfalls of St.Varvara
- Seafront fish meal
- Winery Visit
Full-day exploration of Halkidiki’s inland is an exploration of the area of Arnaia and Mt. Holomontas. Setting off from Thessaloniki we drive to Halkidiki and start with a hike on part of Aristotle’s path, passing through ancient Stageira ending by the sea at the village of Olympiada. After a traditional fish lunch, our next destination is the waterfalls in St. Varvara, a little earthly paradise. Before returning back to Thessaloniki, we will make the last stop at the winery “Claudia Papayianni” for a wine tasting of the well-known wines of Chalkidiki.
- 09:30 amAfter breakfast, we will start our trip in the area of Arnaia and Holomontas. Our trail will lead us to a unique landscape among firs, beeches, chestnuts, etc.
- 11:00 amAfter an hour’s drive (approximately 85 km), we will reach the Grove of Aristotle, the only theme park in Halkidiki at an altitude of 500 m, facing the bay of Ierissos. In the park, you will see models of interactive devices that operate based on the laws of nature, as Aristotle described in his work, the “Physica”. Near the grove, there is the restored Ottoman bath, which consists of three functional apartments in a row. The domes were decorated with embossed stalactites and star-shaped openings for natural light.
- 12:35 pmA nice path starts from the grove of Aristotle and leads to ancient Stageira. We will follow a part of the path from the Kerasouda forest site, the highest point of the route to ancient Stageira in the village of Olympiada. Route length 9 km with a downhill slope of 740m altitude and a duration of about 2 hours. Our hiking route crosses Mount Stratoniko.
- 14:30 pmLunch on the beach of Olympiada village. Fresh fish in a local tavern by the sea!
- 16:30 pmAfter our lunch, our next destination is the waterfalls in St. Varvara!! We will travel by our minibus for about 20 minutes (8 km) to set foot in a little earthly paradise!! We will definitely feel the chill water, and we will admire the lush landscape!!
- 19:30 pmOur last visit is the winery “Claudia Papayianni” for wine tasting since Halkidiki is known for its vineyards.
- 21:00 pmReturn to Thessaloniki.
Total daily distance: 230 km
- English speaking Trekking Hellas Guide
- First aid kits and other necessary equipment
- Local Transportation
- Hotel Pick up &Drop Off from hotel in Thessaloniki
- Walking Sticks
- Winery Visit and tasting (4 wines with food pairing)
- Professional guide in the archaeological site
- Anything not mentioned above
About the provider
Book with confidenceWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.