- An immersive private half-day excursion to the magical Cape Sounion
- Visit the Temple of Poseidon and see graffiti left by English poet Lord Byron
- Admire stunning views of the Aegean sea & its islands along the way
- Private services of an “Insider” chauffeur
- Customized to your wishes and whims
ATHENS RIVIERA (Pass By):Some 20 minutes from the Acropolis the urban setting gives way to an endless summer vibe. Discover a shiny, sunny wonderland lined up with palm trees, upscale beach clubs, secluded coves, and a natural Spa lake. Listen to tales about the Athenian Riviera’s epic nightlife, its glitzy lifestyle and A-lister inhabitants. Take in the scenery, alternating between the bucolic and the resort-like. Gaze at the Aegean’s blue waters gleaming along the way and the nearby islands dotting the horizon.
The first stop is a 2.000-year-old brackish-water lake blending a stunning, peaceful scenery, with healing properties and a spot of mystery. Sitting beneath the remains of a limestone cavern, it is fed by underground springs coming from the depths of Mount Hymettus. They actually reach as far back that they’ve never been fully mapped. Perhaps that’s why rumors claim that people have disappeared in these underwater tunnels. Truth or fiction, the fact is that the lake’s unique blend of salt and mineral-rich freshwater affords a most therapeutic experience. For this reason, the lake, nowadays a Natura protected area, has been a renowned spa center since the 19th Century. Wash away those aches and pains, or enjoy a natural pedicure as the little doctor fish nibble on your toes. With a balmy 25 degrees Celsius temperature, the lake’s waters are ideal for swimming at any time of the year.
THE TEMPLE OF POSEIDON, CAPE SOUNIO
Revived and refreshed from your visit to Lake Vouliagmeni, you’ll head to Sounio: Antiquity’s Sacred Cape, where history is intertwined with myth.
Attica’s southernmost tip is also the site of the Temple of Poseidon. Dedicated to the God of the Sea it was erected on top of a 60-meter steep cliff, around the same time as the Parthenon (440 BC). A feat of architecture, the temple’s white marble Doric columns still stand greeting sailors exiting and entering Athens. Bask in the one of a kind Attica light, feel the energy, get a sense of history. Don’t forget to search for Lord Byron’s 19th- century graffiti in one of the pillars. A sight indelibly stamped in one’s memory, the Temple of Poseidon has always attracted the interest of travelers. Even before the onset of the onsite excavations. Opt to visit in the morning to beat the crowds or go in the afternoon to enjoy a (considerable) extra bonus: This is where you’ll witness one of the most spectacularSunsets in Greece; so get your cameras ready!This is the Upper Sunset Experience!Round off your experience with a seafood feast in a local taverna which is the well-kept secret among connoisseurs.
- Athenian Riviera
- Lake Vouliagmeni
- Temple of Poseidon
- Cape Sounio Sunset
- Private Transport by Luxurious Mercedes Vehicles (no taxi)
- English speaking Chauffeur
- Private services of a specialized "Insider" Chauffeur
- Hotel pick up/drop-off service (Athens Central & Coastal Hotels)
- On Board - Mini Fridge (Bottled Water & Refreshments), WiFi, USB chargers
- All taxes
Optionals - Upgrades:
- State-Licensed Tourist Guide, English speaking: Escorts you for the entire tour (5h)
- Pick up/drop-off service: available for other locations in Attica
- Guide's other languages: Deutsch, Español, Français, Pусский, Português, 中国, etc
- Entry to Vouliagmeni Lake is free. Usage of all services requires admission fee which is not included
- Entry / Admission Tickets-Fees to Archeological site(s)
All options are available upon request and extra charges may apply
About the provider
Book with confidenceWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.