- Visit a beautiful olive grove in a small village in Messinia.
- Enjoy a homemade Greek local breakfast and a video presentation about olive history.
- Participate in olive harvest (October) or take a guided stroll through the olive grove (April - October).
- Engage in an interactive olive oil tasting workshop with 3 different varieties of extra virgin olive oil.
- Learn about sensory tasting, defects, and positive traits of olive oil.
- Savor a light local lunch featuring traditional Messinian food.
Open up your senses, taste with your mind and soul, and feel the extra virgin olive oil! A 3-hour olive oil tour and tasting experience that includes a visit of a small village, a walk through an olive grove and an olive oil tasting workshop.
Join us for a 3-hour tour of the wonderful land of Messinia and its perennial olive trees.
You will visit an olive grove located in a small village 50km (31 mi) from Kalamata in Messinia region, Peloponnese, towards Pylos coastal town, just 10' away from Costa Navarino resort.
April - October, Monday to Sunday, excluding Greek official holidays.
The Olive oil experience
The Olive oil tour and tasting experience is the outcome of a local couple for olive oil, nature and the land of Messinia. Their dreams found a home in a small village in Messinia, in their olive grove and the flavour of extra virgin olive oil.
Nowadays, their mission is to introduce visitors to the wonderful world of olive oil and help them get a taste of Messinia.
Part 1: Arrival at the grove - Warm welcome
Visit a beautiful olive grove of a small village, located in the west of Messinia, just 10 minutes away from Costa Navarino Bay and Nestor’s Palace. It is the ideal backdrop to unravel the history, tradition and ancient myths of this historical place.
The owners will welcome you with a homemade Greek local breakfast while the olive experience is enriched with a video presentation about the history of olive and olive oil!
Part 2: Olive Harvest or Olive Grove
Olive harvest (available only in October) – You’ll walk through the olive trees and meet local families as they harvest their own trees. You’ll enjoy the experience of a lifetime either by handpicking olives and placing them directly in a basket or by picking them using a net.
Olive grove (April - October) – Experience a guided 30-minute relaxing stroll by the locals through perennial olive trees. During your walk, you’ll get acquainted with different varieties of olive trees in all shapes and of all ages.
Part 3: Olive Oil Tasting (April - October)
What follows is an interactive olive oil tasting workshop by an olive oil lover! The tasting session includes 3 different varieties of extra virgin olive oil, focusing on sensory tasting, defects and positive traits.
Part 4: Light local lunch
Get a taste of traditional, local food, such as lalagia (savoury or sweet looped ribbons of dough), pasto (cured pork), Kalamata olives, local cheese and enjoy a homemade local lunch!
- Olive oil tasting with 3 Greek olive oil varieties by an olive oil taster
- Greek breakfast and light lunch
- Greek local delicacies
- Local hosts throughout the experience
- All taxes
- Full local lunch (upon request and at an extra charge)
- The Extra Experiences may be provided upon request and at an extra charge
- Personal purchases from the owners' small shop (optional)
- Tips & gratuities (optional)
- Transfer services may be provided upon request and at an extra charge
- Transfer is needed to visit the olive grove and the estate which is located 1 hour away from Messinia and 20' away from Pylos. Please inform us if you have your own transfer. In other case, we can arrange it with our partners at an extra cost.
- Availability: April - October, from Monday to Sunday, excluding Greek official holidays.
- A guided tour in the archaeological site of Nestor’s Palace can be arranged, upon request and at an extra charge depending on availability.
- Meeting point and time: In front of the Port Authority Offices in Kalamata at 09:00 a.m.
- Languages: English, German & Greek. Other languages can be provided at an extra charge.
- Family friendly.
- Wheelchair accessible 80%.
Payment and Booking
- Bookings: In order to organize the Olive oil tasting experience in the best way, the booking and the full payment must be made the latest 2 days before.
- For bookings less than 2 days or last minute requests, please contact us via email to check availability.
- When the booking and the transaction are completed the experience is officially confirmed by Mama's flavours through email.
- All payments can be made through our booking engine, bank transfer (you can contact us via email for this option) or Paypal.
- Cash is not accepted.
Explore more things to do
Réservez en toute confianceWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.