- Tour of the quarry with the owners, discussing ancient and modern mining methods
- Visit to the village of Apeiranthos, known as "the marble village"
- Enjoy a full lunch in a family tavern in Apeiranthos
- Marvel at the construction of an entire village made of marble
- Attend a 2-hour marble sculpting workshop with a professional sculptor
- Learn how to create works of art with marble
- Carve your own personal souvenir to take home
Enjoy a tour of the quarry by one of the owners where you’ll have the opportunity to discuss about ancient and modern methods of mining, quality standards and so much more.
Your next stop will be further up on the Naxian mountains and the village of Apeiranthos, also known as “the marble village”: the ideal setting to enjoy a full lunch in a family tavern and also to marvel at how the people of Naxos managed to build an entire village out of their most beloved material.
And after you have learnt every single thing, you’ll attend a 2-hour marble sculpting workshop, where a professional marble sculptor will welcome you to their working space and teach you how to create works of art with this amazing material. By the time you leave, you will have carved your personal souvenir to take home with you, a masterpiece of your own!
- All food and drinks
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel
- Private guiding services
- All legal taxes
About the provider
Philema Food Tours
Explore more things to do
Réservez en toute confianceWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.