- Take a fascinating journey 21 million years back in time with a visit to the Natural History Museum of the petrified forest of Lesvos, showcasing remarkable finds that unveil the geo-historical evolution of the Aegean Sea.
- Don't miss out on this iconic museum, which collaborates with the Global Geoparks Network of UNESCO and the European Geoparks Network, and is a must-visit attraction when exploring Lesvos, much like the Eiffel Tower is when visiting France.
- Optionally, enjoy a boat trip to Nissiopi island or embark on a hike through the Petrified Forest Park, immersing yourself in the rich natural wonders of Lesvos.
- Indulge in the unique and flavorful Nissiopi/Sedusa beer, crafted by a young couple in Sigri, offering a taste of Lesvos' local craftsmanship and brewing expertise.
- Discover the historic town of Skala Eressos, once a bustling commercial center with ties to ancient civilizations, and admire the beach and statue while learning about notable figures born in the area, including the renowned poet Sappho and philosophers Theophrastos and Phanas. On the return journey, enjoy the picturesque landscape of Kalloni's gulf, famous for its production of sea salt and delicious sardines.
It is a trip 21 million years back in time at the west of Lesvos. The Natural History Museum of the petrified forest of Lesvos, which includes stunning finds from the excavations in the petrified forest that reveal the geo historical evolution of the Aegean sea. The Museum collaborates with the Global Geoparks Network of Unesco and the European Geoparks Network. Visiting Lesvos without visiting the Museum is like visiting France without visiting the Eiffel tower. By visiting the museum we will also have the chance to visit Nissiopi island on an optional boat trip or you can choose to walk on the Petrified Forest Park in case you are a good hiker.
At Sigri a young couple make the first Lesvian home crafted and special flavored beer, named Nissiopi / Sedusa *(blond / red), we suggest you to try! In the afternoon we will visit Skala Eressos, the name of this place is connected with Eressos whom was the son of the mythic king Makara. The first residents were called Pelasgi, after them it was the Achaeans and then the Aeolan sailors. At the ending of the 17th century it was relocated at the inner side of the island to avoid the pirates invasion. Eressos was a big commercial center and their products were exported also in Egypt. Sappho, the great lyrical poet and the philosophers Theophrastos and Phanas were born there. We will have a walk along the beach and we will have the opportunity to admire its statue. On the way back we will have the chance to admire the landscape of Kalloni’s gulf were they produce the famous sea salt and the very tasty sardines.
- Οffice escort
- Transportation with Luxury 4×4 SUV vehicle
- Local Taxes & Insurance
- Traditional Handmade Snacks & drink
- Pick up & Drop off from Hotel or the meeting point
- Any Private Expenses
- Boat tour to Nisiopi island park 12€
- Extra Beverages & drinks
- Museums Entrance fee 5€
- Tips & Gratuities
- Lunch in local Taverna with sea food can be arranged with an extra cost
- Comfortable athletic shoes
- Suncream, Hat, Sunglasses
About the provider
Explore more things to do
Réservez en toute confianceWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.