- Join Seafari Adventures on a tour northeast of Lesvos Island, where you'll visit the renowned Mantamados Monastery, dedicated to the patron saint of Lesvos, Archangel Michael (Taxiarchis), known for its miraculous relief.
- Explore one of the island's most famous waterfalls, steeped in local legends and folklore, where the shepherdess's treacherous actions led to a tragic fate for young boys.
- Immerse yourself in the breathtaking natural scenery and capture stunning photos while visiting the picturesque Aspropotamos Beach, offering mesmerizing views of the Aegean Sea.
- Experience the ancient craft of pottery at the traditional "furnace" of Stefanos Kouvdis in Ag. Stephanos, where three generations of potters continue this age-old profession, showcasing the beginnings of civilization.
- Discover the art of olive wood craftsmanship at the Olivewood House workshop in Pamphila village, where you'll learn how to transform olive wood into useful or decorative items, before concluding the tour in the beautiful village of Plomari.
SEAFARI ADVENTURES, faithful to the promise that gave you to explore the unexplored corners of our island, will follow a route north east of Lesvos island and visit the monastery of Mantamados. The monastery of (Archangel Michael) Taxiarchis, one of the most famous worldwide pilgrimage places. Taxiarchis is the patron saint of Lesvos and he played a significant role in the spiritual life of the inhabitants of the island. The relief is unique and miraculous. According to the tradition, a monk made it by soil, wax and the blood of all of his fellows that were slaughtered from Saracen pirates during one night. The monastery is located in a beautiful, peaceful area, very close to the settlement.
Continuing we will visit one of the most famous waterfalls of the island where, according to the legends, the shepherdess of the area after satisfying her sexual passion with the young boys that worked in the fields, she gave them Dionysian dancing over the waterfall and in a treacherous way they cut them down in the abyss of the pit.
After enjoying the amazing scenic of nature and take a lot of pictures we will explore the wonderful beach of Aspropotamos and relax with the immense view of the blue of the Aegean Sea.
Next we will visit the traditional “furnace” of Stefanos Kouvdis at Ag. Stephanos “the traditional settlement of the “tsoukalades” we will meet the three generations of potters who continue this ancient profession, which after the stonework counts the beginning of civilization. Furthermore we will have the opportunity to experiment and make our own souvenir. On the way back we’ll stop at the workshop of Olivewood House at Pamphila village, where we will learn how to turn a piece of olive wood to a new useful or decorative item before going back to the beautiful Plomari village.
*Man Katsa waterfall visiting happens until the end of April.
- Οffice escort
- Transportation with Luxury 4×4 SUV vehicle
- Local Taxes & Insurance
- Traditional Handmade Snacks & drink
- Pick up & Drop off from Hotel or the meeting point
- Extra Beverages & drinks
- Any Private Expenses
- Tips & Gratuities
- Lunch in local Taverna with sea food can be arranged with an extra cost
- Comfortable athletic shoes
- Hat & Sunglasses
- Your best mood
About the provider
Explore more things to do
Réservez en toute confianceWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.