A wonderful hike to the summit of Mount Mitsikeli, from where we enjoy the stunning view of the Ioannina lake!
Mount Mitsikeli (1,810m) stands between the mountains of Northern Pindos and reflects itself in the waters of Lake Pamvotida. Its name means “Bear’s den”. One of its distinctive features is that one side is covered with lush vegetation while the other is “naked”, made of limestone.
On our Ioannina Panorama Hike we follow a circular route. Our staring point is the mountain hut situated at 1.280 meters. Following our trail we hike up to the mountain summit at an altitude of 1.810 meters. Standing on the peak we have the chance to admire the great view towards the Zagori villages, the Vikos Gorge, the lake and the city of Ioannina as well as the rest of the Pindus mountain range. After our summit break we return to the refuge and drive back to Ligiades, where we can have a nice cup of coffee overlooking the Ioannina lake and city.
- 10:00Meeting with your guide and welcome briefing
- 10:15Driving towards the starting point
- 10:30Starting time
- 12:20Short break at the summit for snack and photos
- 13:45End of the trek
- 14:00Return to the meeting point
- Certified English speaking Trekking Hellas guide
- Hiking poles
- Picnic snacks (seasonal fruits, energy bars)
- Backpacks (upon request)
- Waterproof poncho jacket
- Liability insurance
- Personal accident insurance
- Anything not mentioned above
What you should bring:
- Hiking shoes, breathable and quick drying sports clothes
- Hat / Sunglasses/ Sunscreen (for summer months)
- Beanie (for winter months)
- Backpack 20-30L
- Personal bottle (water)
- Distance: 5 km
- Elevation gain: +500 m
- Terrain: trail
About the provider
Book with confidenceWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.