- Small group tour of maximum 26 people
- 4-hour guided excursion of Cape Sounion & Temple of Poseidon
- Relax on a scenic drive along the Athens Riviera & enjoy breathtaking views of Aegean sea
- Marvel at the Temple of Poseidon and discover the stirring legends that surround it
- Pass by some of the most expensive & highly rated areas of Athens like Vouliagmeni, Varkiza & Glyfada area
- Visit Cape Sounion and see graffiti left by English poet Lord Byron
Begin your Sounio tour with a wonderful drivealong the scenic coastal road and enjoy splendid views of the Saronic Gulf while passing through some of Athens’ most beautiful suburbs, includingHellinikon Olympic coblex, Glyfada, Vouliagmeni, and Varkiza. As you approach Cape Sounion, one of Greece’s most photographed monuments, it rises like a sheer cliff out of the sea. AtCape Sounio where you will visit the 5th century B.C. Temple of Poseidon with one of the most breathtaking panoramic views in the world (on a clear day you can see at least seven islands).The precipice is a sheer 197 foot drop to the sea.
Land masses to the west stand out in sharp profile: the island of Aegina backed by the mountains of the Peloponnese. The beauty of the surviving Doric columns has inspired many poets, including Lord Byron who carved his name on one of the columns. This guided half day tour is a great option if you want to discover Greece beyond Athens, enjoy stunning views and visit world famous Greek ruins.
- Entrance fees of the Temple of Poseidon
- Transport by luxury air conditioned bus
- Professional and Lisensed guide
- Hotel pick up/drop off service
- All taxes
About the provider
Book with confidenceWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.