- Admire the beautiiful natural scenery around Kournas Lake
- Stop for a cup of Greek coffee in the village of Argyroupoli
- Enjoy a swim in the lovely Plakias Bay
Enjoy a round-trip excursion to the southern part of Rethymno. Experience the natural beauty of Crete, explore traditional villages, and more.
See traditional villages, churches, mountains, gorges and beaches on this full-day tour from Rethymno.
Stop at Kournas, Crete’s only fresh-water lake. Enjoy a short drive through the countryside to the traditional village of Argyroupoli, where you can enjoy a cup of Greek coffee.
As the drive continues toward the island’s southern coast, notice the changes in the landscape. Just before the first glimpse at the Libyan Sea, stop at the Kotsifou Gorge and visit a beautiful old stone church.
Take a break at the Bay of Plakias and enjoy some time relaxing on the beach or exploring the village. On the way back to Rethymno, drive through the Kourtaliotis Gorge and admire the natural wild landscape.
- Bus tickets
- Hotel pick-up and drop off (in Panormo, Scaleta, Adele, Platanias, Missiria, Rethymno town, Atsipopoulo, Kavros, Sfakaki, Stavromenos and Georgioupoli)
- Personal expenses
- No pickup from remote hotels such as Grand Rimondi (pick up is from Creta star bus stop)
• You will be notified by email after booking about the exact pick-up details (check your spam folder)
• Pick-up begins approximately 1 hour before tour departure and is done only from the areas of Panormo, Scaleta, Adele, Platanias, Missiria, Rethymno town, Atsipopoulo, Kavros and Georgioupoli
Explore more things to do
Book with confidenceWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.