- Discover rural living and the rich cultural heritage of the region
- Explore the multi-functional eco and cultural farm, arts and educational center, and treehouse resort
- Visit the amphitheater, crops, animal farm, and veggie garden on a guided tour of the farm
- Pick fresh fruit and vegetables (available from May to October) and feed the animals
- Learn about the evolution of theater in Ancient Greece
- Participate in a Greek cooking class with a local cook, learning to make bread in a wood-fire oven and prepare homemade food and local delicacies in the open-air kitchen
Arts and nature come together for a relaxing experience, steeped in culture!
A 5-hour tour to discover rural living at its best and explore the rich cultural heritage of the region. You’ll get the chance to pick fresh fruit and vegetables, feed the animals, participate in a cooking class and enjoy a mouthwatering Greek feast.
And if that’s not enough, there’s a host of extra activities for those of you who are true nature lovers.
You will visit an Eco Farm located in a small village just 15 km (10 mi) from Kalamata, in Messinia region, Peloponnese.
The Eco Farm is a multi-functional eco and cultural farm, an arts and educational centre, and a treehouse resort. Complete with an amphitheatre, it has become the key entertainment hub in the region.
Built on 1.3 acres of land, this unique farm combines arts with nature in the most traditional way, taking you on a journey from antiquity to modern times.
From 20 May to 31 October, excluding Greek official holidays.
May to October for veggie picking.
The Eco Farm Experience
Join us for a 5-hour guided tour by the locals and discover some of the secrets of the Greek cuisine!
Part 1: Tour of the Eco Farm
You’ll tour all the facilities of the Eco Farm, including the amphitheatre, the crops, the animal farm and the vegie garden. Enjoy a leisurely stroll, explore every corner of the farm and marvel at the unique treehouses, built from all-natural materials.
Stop at the quaint, stone-built amphitheatre and learn all about the evolution of the theatre in Ancient Greece. Experience rural life at its best by feeding the animals and picking fresh fruit and vegies (fruit and vegie picking in only available from May to October).
Throughout the tour, you’ll get the chance to enjoy local delicacies, Mt Taygetos tea or homemade lemonade!
Part 2: Greek Cooking Class experience
Discover the secrets of traditional homemade food, based on local recipes, just like mama used to make.
A local cook will guide you through the experience and unravel the mysteries of the Greek cuisine. You’ll learn how to make and bake bread in a wood-fire oven, and prepare homemade food and local delicacies in the Eco Farm’s open-air kitchen!
Part 3: Traditional Local Feast
Get a taste of freshly baked bread, a home-cooked Mediterranean meal and tasty snacks prepared by you in the Eco Farm’s open-air kitchen. All ingredients are from the Eco Farm and other local producers.
The meal includes appetizers, main and dessert, accompanied by Greek wine, soft drinks, Greek coffee or tea.
Part 4: Stroll through the Village (if time permits)
Enjoy a stroll through the small cobblestone lanes, immerse yourself in the local culture and find out the local history of the small village.
- Cooking class and full local lunch
- Greek local delicacies, wine and drinks
- Local hosts / local chef throughout the experience
- All taxes
- The Extra experiences may be provided upon request, depending on availability and at an extra charge
- Transfer services may be provided upon request and at an extra charge
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
- Transfer is needed to visit the Eco Farm, which is located 20' away from Kalamata, in a small semi-mountainous village. Please inform us if you have your own vehicle. In other case, we can arrange it with our partners at an extra cost.
- Availability: Monday to Sunday, excluding Greek official holidays.
- Other travelers, not Mama's flavours guests, may also be at the Eco farm.
- Meeting point and time: In front of the Port Authority Offices in Kalamata at 09.00 a.m.
- Languages: English & Greek. Other languages can be provided at an extra charge.
- Family friendly.
- Wheelchair accesible 80%.
Payment & booking
- Bookings: In order to organize your experience in the best way, the booking and the full payment must be made the latest 3 days before.
- For bookings less than 3 days or last minute requests, please contact us via email to check availability.
- When the booking and the transaction are completed, the experience is officially confirmed by Mama's flavours through email.
- All payments can be made through our booking engine, bank transfer (you can contact us via email for this option) or Paypal.
- Cash is not accepted.
Book with confidenceWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.